Honda City 2013 - Headlights Not Bright Enough

smarty

Hello guys,

I have a Honda City 2013 model and I have been using it for mostly city driving, seldom on highways and outside of city.
After using it for so many years, I feel the OEM headlight is not bright enough. I of course am not talking about blinding the oncoming traffic, but the headlight should be powerful enough to identify any potholes, especially in monsoon. (I've had minor accidents due to low visibility at night).

So I wanted your suggestion as to how I can improve the brightness - basically the throw of the headlights as well as being bright enough to spot any obstacles.
Please note 2 points :
  1. I do not wish to mess up the electrical system of the car, so please suggest accordingly (saying this because I know some will say that put the LED halogens for better visibility)
  2. I do not wish to put extra load on the battery. So anything which is close to OEM in terms of power wattage of headlamp bulb would be ideal.
If there is anyone who has faced same issue and upgraded to something better, please post your views, reviews and pictures :)

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Try Philips Xtreme vision + or osram night breaker unlimited in same specs , way better than stock bulbs.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smarty

Will they directly fit in the current headlight socket or will it need more modifications?
Also any particular thing to check when visit car shop for this fittings? Since these will be local shops?

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Will they directly fit in the current headlight socket or will it need more modifications?
Also any particular thing to check when visit car shop for this fittings? Since these will be local shops?
Yes if u have H4 / H7 socket refer your owners manual for specifications. Philips comes in H4 and osram nb u in h7 , osram nb comes in h4

adsatinder

explorer
Take same standard fittings only. Spare Part Shop owners / Staff know standard fittings of each car.
H4 is common standard.
Product if available with little higher wattage is ok than standard
but
if double or more wattage only then you need to use relay type system.

I will say avoid higher wattage more than 20-25% in same enclosure. Use Bumper Lights as extra lights with separate switch.
Don't go for LED in white hues.
If LED then only warm shade is recommended which is available at some places only.

Reactions: IJS

smarty

Take same standard fittings only. Spare Part Shop owners / Staff know standard fittings of each car.
H4 is common standard.
Product if available with little higher wattage is ok than standard
but
if double or more wattage only then you need to use relay type system.

I will say avoid higher wattage more than 20-25% in same enclosure. Use Bumper Lights as extra lights with separate switch.
Don't go for LED in white hues.
If LED then only warm shade is recommended which is available at some places only.
Only more wattage would solve my problem or do I need to look at any other attributes?

adsatinder

explorer
Only more wattage would solve my problem or do I need to look at any other attributes?
Similar wattage is ok for headlight as recommended by @IJS

Your Headlight glass also needs buffing. Try to buff the Headlight at nearby Car market.

If this seem not sufficient then must go for Bumper Lights as these are considered standard fittings.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Yes buy Philips Xtreme vision + in same wattage and clean your hear lamp from outside using toothpaste (it works), also wipe clean the inner reflector.

smarty

Yes buy Philips Xtreme vision + in same wattage and clean your hear lamp from outside using toothpaste (it works), also wipe clean the inner reflector.

Thanks for your suggestion. Appreciate it.

smarty

Yes if u have H4 / H7 socket refer your owners manual for specifications. Philips comes in H4 and osram nb u in h7 , osram nb comes in h4

Thanks for your suggestion. Appreciate it.