Honda Jazz 2014

SwaGGer

Expected to be launched by September in Japan, the new Jazz will come to India by early next year, however Honda Cars India has still to confirm details.

In India, it will most probably come up with 1.2-litre iVTEC petrol and 1.5-litre iDTEC diesel engines, which also power the Amaze

the car looks stunning, particular Honda styling. the front looks somewhat similar to the current City.
Price will be the deciding factor. It will give tough competition the current market leader in the segment i.e. Swift

SwaGGer

^^

Competitor of Ecosport ? How ?
this car has equal boot space as ecosport, where jazz will fall is that eco is an suv.
jazz will be priced lower than ecosport, moreover it's Honda. If THIS Jazz was available in the market now, I would have chosen it over ecosport

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
this car has equal boot space as ecosport, where jazz will fall is that eco is an suv.
jazz will be priced lower than ecosport, moreover it's Honda. If THIS Jazz was available in the market now, I would have chosen it over ecosport

Boot is hardly a parameter for buying a car :(

Spec wise ecoboost is way better than Jazz. Moreover I doubt if they'll price it much cheaper than the ecoboost. Lets see what future holds :)

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
Boot is hardly a parameter for buying a car :(

Spec wise ecoboost is way better than Jazz. Moreover I doubt if they'll price it much cheaper than the ecoboost. Lets see what future holds :)
Agreed about the boot part, but interior are way far better than Eco sports in quality as well as functionality. Also overall space of Jazz beats most of the sedans, forget hatchbacks.
There are fair chances that it may be specced under 8 Lacs (ex-showroom price for Eco Boost basic) as Honda has already seen the fate of the previous gen Jazz, before the price cut.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Agreed about the boot part, but interior are way far better than Eco sports in quality as well as functionality. Also overall space of Jazz beats most of the sedans, forget hatchbacks.
There are fair chances that it may be specced under 8 Lacs (ex-showroom price for Eco Boost basic) as Honda has already seen the fate of the previous gen Jazz, before the price cut.
Did you see the new Jazz ? I guess there's no details about its interiors. I agree that with Honda, it will definitely be decent enough but I believe that we should wait and see the actual car.

I completely agree that Jazz will be priced near to Ecoboost but as I said before, there will not be much of difference in their rates which might actually direct buyers towards ecoboost. Also we should not forget the amazing power as well as fuel efficiency of ecoboost.

I've got doubts if Honda will be able to price this car lower than Amaze. Even if the prices are at par with Amaze, it won't be any competition to Ecosport. Where Honda cars are infamous for low GC, Ecosport's trump card is its size (of a hatch) and GC (of a compact SUV).

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
Did you see the new Jazz ? I guess there's no details about its interiors. I agree that with Honda, it will definitely be decent enough but I believe that we should wait and see the actual car.

I completely agree that Jazz will be priced near to Ecoboost but as I said before, there will not be much of difference in their rates which might actually direct buyers towards ecoboost. Also we should not forget the amazing power as well as fuel efficiency of ecoboost.
Nope Prasham, I have not seen the New Jazz, however even the older gen had far better interior quality, even better than a segment up, so I am expecting them to raise the bar with the newer version. Also quality and refinement is quite synonymous to straight H. Talking about power, it is yet to be seen, however fuel efficiency has always been forte of Honda, so again that should be very competitive.

I've got doubts if Honda will be able to price this car lower than Amaze. Even if the prices are at par with Amaze, it won't be any competition to Ecosport. Where Honda cars are infamous for low GC, Ecosport's trump card is its size (of a hatch) and GC (of a compact SUV).
Vikas even if it is priced slightly higher than Amaze (which is built to budget), I guess it will be best hatch in the segment. Yes, the ground clearance has always been a weak spot for Honda, but that depends on one's requirement. Given a choice in today's scenario, my choice will be undoubtedly in favor of Honda than Ford.