Honda Jazz 2014

I completely agree on the power part but Ecosport also has good refinement level. Moreover, even the fuel efficiency of Ford's Duratorq and Ecoboost engines is something which will be hard to match. Honda's 1.2 petrol engine (currently used in Brio, Amaze and in older Jazz) is no match for Ford's 1.0 Ecoboost engine in terms of power, torque and FE. Duratorq 1.5 diesel is also far more refined as compared to Honda's i-DTEC 1.5 diesel. Power is definitely higher by around 10-12 bhp but Ford's engine is more responsive and free revving too (Going by my TD experience of New Fiesta and Amaze).

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
Vikas, I drove both diesel and eco boost. I somehow found diesel bit crude, noisy and slightly unresponsive at low rpm, however eco boost is much better in terms of drivability as well as overall refinement. If I have to choose, then it will be eco boost.
Talking about Jazz, the petrol motor was most refind, however never drove flagship oil burner of Honda till date.

There's no doubt about the refinement of a Honda's petrol motor but its the outright power and much better low end torque of the Ecoboost motor from Ford which will make it a clear winner. And I expect Ecoboost to be more fuel efficient too.

turbohead

In Pursuit of Happyness
Agreed Vikas that eco boost has sufficient ponies to entice performance enthusiasts, however Honda seekers never bother about power. Needless to say they manufacture most dull cars atleast for this part of the world and people want it that way only.

Needless to say they manufacture most dull cars atleast for this part of the world and people want it that way only.
And that's why I was surprised when I saw you heaping praises for a car like Honda Jazz. Its good, its refined, its boring and has no soul. I have driven the older Jazz and had no feeling of power, no enthu in handling, steering felt like a joystick from some videogame.

wicked

Banned
This one is sure a headturner! Let's see when it arrives, I hope the built quality of Jazz is retained and it doesn't has the cost cutting written all over it!