Horzey Hotel, Leh

Fusion

Re: Trip to Leh June 11

In Leh we stayed in Horzey Hotel situated on Old road. The room was good enough an spacious with hot water supply. The room could be termed as above average room . The tariff charged was Rs 700/- Since we reached Leh past midnight at around 1 am and the family with us in the shared taxi was having prior booking there so we settled there instead of trying to look for other hotels and bargaining for more...

The Hotel was associated with Youth Association and the person Mr Wangchuk the owner of the hotel turned out to be a very good person. He got our permits made in time and the rate was around Rs 250 for 2 people.( Later at the time of final billing he waived the permit charges ). He also arranged the taxis at a very short notice and that too at a discount of 8% on the taxi association rates. The owner was very good & helpful person and so at the end we didn't negotiated for more discounts at the time of billing .. The hotel is very near to the main market for shopping as well. The contact details are Mr Phuntsog Wangchuk - 9906979233

Last edited by a moderator:

amitdegoa

In Leh we stayed in Horzey Hotel situated on Old road. The room was good enough an spacious with hot water supply. The room could be termed as above average room . The tariff charged was Rs 700/- Since we reached Leh past midnight at around 1 am and the family with us in the shared taxi was having prior booking there so we settled there instead of trying to look for other hotels and bargaining for more...

The Hotel was associated with Youth Association and the person Mr Wangchuk the owner of the hotel turned out to be a very good person. He got our permits made in time and the rate was around Rs 250 for 2 people.( Later at the time of final billing he waived the permit charges ). He also arranged the taxis at a very short notice and that too at a discount of 8% on the taxi association rates. The owner was very good & helpful person and so at the end we didn't negotiated for more discounts at the time of billing .. The hotel is very near to the main market for shopping as well. The contact details are Mr Phuntsog Wangchuk - 9906979233

Hi friend i spoke to Mr Wangchuk ,as u said he's very helpfull and nice to talk he gave me quite a bit info of how to get there...i am planing to go there in by May end 2012 so collecting some info ,i am planing to travel from Manali by local bus transport ,please let me know how is it.
thanks & regards
Amit

Fusion

Hi friend i spoke to Mr Wangchuk ,as u said he's very helpfull and nice to talk he gave me quite a bit info of how to get there...i am planing to go there in by May end 2012 so collecting some info ,i am planing to travel from Manali by local bus transport ,please let me know how is it.
thanks & regards
Amit
Hi Amit,

I am not sure that by the end of May manali route will be open. Even the srinagar route is a bit dicey that time but you can try your luck from this side .

devashishdhingra

I too stayed at this hotel for Rs 600 in 2009. This hotel is classed as "A" category hotel however there are many other good "A" category hotels like Lumbini. Yet for the price they charge, its worth a stay.

I happen to have few picks of the hotel.

Attachments

ak_kots

I too stayed at this hotel for Rs 600 in 2009. This hotel is classed as "A" category hotel however there are many other good "A" category hotels like Lumbini. Yet for the price they charge, its worth a stay.

I happen to have few picks of the hotel.
Hi,

I had a discussion with Mr. Wangchuk few days back. He informed Hotel is closed for renovation this year & not likely available for this season.

For the benefit of rest who might be travelling.