Hotel Kailash - Chail

Ameeth

Saying food at this small hotel in Chail is really good would be a gross under-statement.

We reached the place by 8 in the evening and and as is customary with us, we enquired about the Nov-veg dishes available. The guy mentioned we have butter chicken and chicken masala. My friend ordered butter chicken, then the hotel guy said, "I would suggest you go for chicken masala sir". We obliged. And boy was it a real treat. It was without doubt the best chicken dish I have had in past 2 years after moving to north. It was delicious. We were literally drinking up the whole dish. And the roti's were also excellent.

The spicy chicken masala on a cold cold winter night at Chail was just what we needed. It was without doubt one of the high points of our trip.

And the whole hotel seemed to be managed by this single guy. He prepares the food, manages the finance and also serves the food. The customer service was excellent. And he also sells a variety of home made pickles including the regular pickles plus chicken pickle too. Couldnt check it out as we were in a hurry to get back to the hotel owing to the extreme cold.

All in all a big thumps up to Hotel Kailash, Chail

P.S: There is an accomodation facility also available on top of this hotel. We checked it out, rooms were pretty good. I think it is managed by the hotel guy's brother. We didn't opt of for this as we were on shoestring budget and the guy was not willing to negotiate. But room quality was good and he asked for 450. We ended up staying at Hotel Pinewood. very basic facilities, best for bachelors on tight budget :D we got a room for 165 :p

Been to Chail and seen this place many times but somehow it never attracted me. Will definitely give it a shot this time after you have appreciated their Chicken Masala so much. Its located on the back lane of the Chail Bazaar, right?

Ameeth

Been to Chail and seen this place many times but somehow it never attracted me. Will definitely give it a shot this time after you have appreciated their Chicken Masala so much. Its located on the back lane of the Chail Bazaar, right?
Yes, I agree. From the outside the place doesn't look very attractive, but once you are inside and that plate of chicken comes in front of you, you will forget everything. The world comes to a stand still, from that moment.. Its just you and the chicken.. Its like the chicken is asking you to make love to it... but in a very cruel and savage manner :twisted:

Uff.. I always get carried away thinking about that dish :rolleyes:

And yes its located on the back lane of Chail at the corner.

yummy, a good food (read fried spicy chicken for me) on a vacation is always one of the high point :D
Fried + Spicy + Meat = Gastric Orgasm for me :grin:

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
:shock: sir, i thought you were talking about the trip pics. I dont have any pics from hotel kailash, as there were better things to do there :grin:
LOL, you are forgiven!
But it is always a disappointment having hotel reviews without pics! :rolleyes: