How far is the Yeshwantpur railway station from the main Bangalore City??

varunk

I will be travelling from Howrah to Yeshwantpur at the end of this month. But as this is my first travel to Bangalore, i have no clue how far it is from the main city

Raj ROVER

approx 10 kms, after coming out from Stn, main road is about 1.5kms where you can get buses every minutes for Majestic or Rly Stn. (based on my visit some 13 yrs back)

addy1280

Yeshwantpur railway station is under Bangalore city limits only. If you can tell me where in Bangalore you want to go to, I can suggest options. Main road is right next to the new terminal where trains from Howrah stop. BTW, metro rail is now operating from Yeshwantpur railway station to Malleshwaram (which is nearby to central Bangalore).

addy1280

Bangalore City railway station was the main railway station in the city before Yeshwantpur terminal was developed as an alternate station to ease congestion. From what I know, all trains from Howrah terminate at Yeshwantpur only. However, trains coming via Chennai usually stop at Krishnarajapuram station in the eastern part of Bangalore.

varunk

I need to,go to a place called Benson Town.. How will I proceed to this place from yeshwantpur railway station??

dheeraj

Zzzzz...
it's a bit of travel..not far though. under 10kms i guess. if you don't want to be taken for a ride by the auto guys, call a cab.

addy1280

it's a bit of travel..not far though. under 10kms i guess. if you don't want to be taken for a ride by the auto guys, call a cab.
I need to,go to a place called Benson Town.. How will I proceed to this place from yeshwantpur railway station??
As Dheeraj has mentioned above, it is under 10 kms from the station and you can hire a pre paid auto from the station itself. Bangalore Cantonment (BNC) is the nearest station to Benson Town and trains going to Bangalore City station from Chennai side stop here. So please check if your train passes through this station.

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
As Dheeraj said, Yeshwantpur station to Benson town is under 10 kms, there is no need at all to go towards Bangalore city Junction. I would strongly suggest you to hire a cab in case you have heavy luggage. Even if you intend to travel by BMTC city bus, it involves the headache of changing of two buses to Benson town.

- - - Updated - - -

And as addy1280 pointed out, even try buying new ticket from Yeshwantpur stn to Cantonment stn and then catch an auto. addy can confirm if this feasible.