How far is the Yeshwantpur railway station from the main Bangalore City??

addy1280

As Dheeraj said, Yeshwantpur station to Benson town is under 10 kms, there is no need at all to go towards Bangalore city Junction. I would strongly suggest you to hire a cab in case you have heavy luggage. Even if you intend to travel by BMTC city bus, it involves the headache of changing of two buses to Benson town.

- - - Updated - - -

And as addy1280 pointed out, even try buying new ticket from Yeshwantpur stn to Cantonment stn and then catch an auto. addy can confirm if this feasible.
There are no direct trains between Yeshwantpur and Bangalore Cantonment, so this is not feasible.

What about the Bangalore metro?? Do they have any stations nearby??
There is a Metro station right next to the Yeshwantpur station, but the Metro line does not go anywhere near Benson town. You can take the Metro, get down at Sampige Road Malleshwaram and then take an auto. But that is not worth it (unless you want to take a ride in the new Metro:D). Instead of that I would suggest taking a prepaid auto or a cab from Yeshwantpur railway station.

if u r arriving at yeswantpur bn 5am - 8pm, u ll get buses to shivajinagar bus station. from there u ll get very frequent buses to ur address. further u can cross check with the bus conductors for any further shorter changeover on this route.
but before 5am, only autos are the option but they fleece u like hell. so wait in the station till the buses start in the morning by 5am.

the same thing applies even from K R Puram station also. and ur area is near to Cantonment railway station (or shivajinagar bus station)

varunk

Ohh thnx Chinmaya.. Ill be reaching Bangalore around 6pm but ill be carrying luggage. So, i don't think travelling by bus wud be feasible

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
Ohh thnx Chinmaya.. Ill be reaching Bangalore around 6pm but ill be carrying luggage. So, i don't think travelling by bus wud be feasible
Arriving at 6pm !! ?? You will be welcomed by the gruelling traffic jam of Namma Bengaluru :grin: Travelling by bus is definitely ruled out now

varunk

Hahaha.. What i was thinking is taking a metro to maleshwaram and then an auto from there to my place.. Sounds good??

drvbs

Vagabonding 24*7
Hahaha.. What i was thinking is taking a metro to maleshwaram and then an auto from there to my place.. Sounds good??
No varun, don't detour that way and its just not detouring but adding more travel time and heavy traffic snarls. Straightway take a prepaid auto to benson town, he will go by a direct road via Mekhri circle

- - - Updated - - -

Taking Metro till Malleswaram would be fine if you had to travel to ARC or Majestic.