How has your life changed in Covid-19 crisis?

Theloststory

True. It’s here to stay. The economy is wrecked and people are having a tough time.
I want to slap anyone who doesn’t wear a mask in public now.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
True. It’s here to stay. The economy is wrecked and people are having a tough time.
I want to slap anyone who doesn’t wear a mask in public now.
In the bank where my wife works, customers are so arrogant that they threaten to call the Zonal Manager if their work is being refused because they are not wearing a mask.

I have told my wife, if anyone ever threatens you to call the Zonal Manager, just call 100, and inform the police about the person not wearing the mask and not following social distancing norms as specified by a goverment order.

No one complains then.

what to do, its the only way people listen.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Sorry to hear about you Wife's family, i'm sure they will recover soon. At the moment, the situation is bad, a lot of people are dying because the hospitals are cramped up and we don't have enough nurses and doctors to treat everyone. None of my close relatives have tested positive, so I won't be able to understand what you guys are going through, but I can only be positive and be hopeful or pray that people get through this pandemic without losing their loved ones.

I don' think the vaccine is that far away, there are already a lot of companies that have started human trials and I have read reports saying that a vaccine could be found by November/December. These companies would take time to mass produce the vaccine, so the vaccine could be available in 6 months at the earliest.

I really like the optimism that you have about the vaccine. But vaccine developments are measured in years.

I hope you are right, and I am wrong.

Theloststory

I think in Mumbai there is now a law that not wearing a mask can cause a Rs 1000/0 fine. I think it's great.
Your wife should surely call the police.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
I think in Mumbai there is now a law that not wearing a mask can cause a Rs 1000/0 fine. I think it's great.
Your wife should surely call the police.

Its a law here too.

People in Mumbai are quite good at following laws.

Sadly, it's not the case here in UP.

Tilak Francis

Yes life has definitely changed , blessed with a baby girl in April 2020 and she is getting all our attention. Keeping her safe is now our biggest concern so taking all the precautions.
On the work front , well it hasn't started yet last went to work in March and payments are still in Limbo , was Devastated by the plight of labor so did all that we can do.
Another big change is, we have to first time buy vegetable and fruits locally as perviously i always brought veges and fruit form wholesale mandi where i work (hotel contracts is my nature of work).
Haven't been able to meet close relatives even my sister who lives beyond the city borders. Same for in-laws.
Online groceries are now common though we have shops close by but to avoid busy place we do only purchases.
This has definitely brought a big change in how we live and we would have to live like this in future.
Hope is all we have now for a better tomorrow.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk
congrats. God bless the little Angel.

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Its a law here too.

People in Mumbai are quite good at following laws.

Sadly, it's not the case here in UP.
Come to Delhi and u will be surprised. These educated fools still haven't understood the meaning of do not litter let alone social distancing.
Yesterday i went to nearby market to buy some essentials and it was a scary scene no sd and very few masks. Then these people blame the Govt for the spread.

Life has surely changed a lot , now we are ordering more from e-commerce rather than going out to buy, but sometimes we have to go.
Business still hasn't started have paid my labor living in bihar from my own pocket.
But again hearing their plight , ours is nothing in comparison. They don't have basic medical facilities there let alone work.
Govt schemes are only on paper the money released have not reached its destination , there are not much work for the exploding numbers of migrants returned to there home states.

I wish each and every one a good and healthy life.

Tilak Francis

There has been lots of gyaan given by lots of people, scientists, doctors and government officials about COVID-19. It seems now that all of the gyaan has been imparted and that we have to take the precautions ourselves to combat this threat to our families and us.

As the thread suggests, how has your life changed in COVID-19 crisis?

I will start off with changes in my life.

Have been working from home since 5-6 years, so no love lost there. Still working from home as before. My wife, on the other hand, is an officer with a PSU bank. She has to go every day to her bank, and since past week or so, standard banking has resumed. Thermal scanners ( I guess it's just for peace of mind) at the gate and sanitisers for every visitor in the bank is the precaution that is being taken at her bank. Changes in life? I know for sure that I won't be able to call my parents to my place for the foreseeable future. My wife goes outside every day, and my mother is a heart patient (one stent, two years back), diabetic and suffering from high BP. So I really feel dejected at times that I won't be able to call my parents to my place or go to their home for that matter.

I have a furry friend, a labrador retriever. However, there are reports that COVID-19 affects or does not affects canines, I have gone to the safe route. I am not taking him to walk outside, and the house is big enough to have him plenty of exercise playing fetch. No outside walks for him now.

I purchase most of my groceries online now, and if I have to go out, I go at noon, around 2-3 p.m. so that I encounter a minimal number of people.

Every day, I fear that my wife has to go out and work. Fear is rational and not of the unknown. Earlier she used to take the metro, but now she goes in her car, alone.

I have subscribed to RSS feeds of newspapers from various news outlets, and I only read selective news. There is an outburst of news in the print as well as online media, and I keep myself abridged of selective news only. To trust or not to trust the news, I don't know anymore. I always feel that the numbers are skewed. Maybe I am paranoid, but I will take being cautious anytime than being infected.

Guess that's it.

Well, if anyone else has to share something, the thread is all yours.

I have tried to do my best to keep him happy but it seems he is tensed :) :)

That's Mr. Cooper

View attachment 787838
This Covid lock down period has given us new perspective to our lives. Made us feel how unpredictable the life on Earth is. The great firms, stable jobs, strong relationships were shaken.
My current job as an administrator in an orphanage gave us an opportunity to live within the Campus. It is 5km away from the main city. The initial days of lockdown we hardly stepped out of the house. Got groceries and vegetables through the security personnel employed here. We were able to get vegetables fresh from the farms around and also poultry. We were the only few families to get meat to celebrate Easter which happened during the stringent lock down period. We had a great family time playing badminton, chess and painting rocks in the garden.

My sister's family and my parents were living in chennai and so the grand children made a point to WhatsApp video call everyday at 8pm and speak to grandpa and grandma. The bonding between the families grew stronger. Many distant relatives called and spoke over the phone and it was really nice to get time to relax and break from the never ending busy life.
The squirrels playing around on the big trees in front of the house and the birds nests on the branches of the trees made feel made me feel how I did not notice all this time.
Started walking and jogging in the village roads around after 50 days from initial lock down.
The hard part of salary cuts in 35 or 50 percent for both of us did not really cost us anything as our expenditure were greatly reduced and we felt that the almighty God is always there to carry us in times of troubles and tribulations.
I happened to take my bike for a long ride 120 km from Vellore to chennai on 18 June 2020 and came back to Vellore on the same day night as the chennai borders were sealed on the dawn of 19th June 2020. I was riding with a mixed emotions all through thinking of my dad who passed away due to cardiac failure on his way to his village clinic on 18th June morning.
Learning on herd immunity and viral overload had given us more confidence in dealing with this pandemic rather dealing like a complete coward or madly Brave.
Above all I believe God is in control.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Come to Delhi and u will be surprised. These educated fools still haven't understood the meaning of do not litter let alone social distancing.
Yesterday i went to nearby market to buy some essentials and it was a scary scene no sd and very few masks. Then these people blame the Govt for the spread.

Life has surely changed a lot , now we are ordering more from e-commerce rather than going out to buy, but sometimes we have to go.
Business still hasn't started have paid my labor living in bihar from my own pocket.
But again hearing their plight , ours is nothing in comparison. They don't have basic medical facilities there let alone work.
Govt schemes are only on paper the money released have not reached its destination , there are not much work for the exploding numbers of migrants returned to there home states.

I wish each and every one a good and healthy life.

I dont like Delhi, no offense meant. Its just I feel everytime I am in Delhi that I have to be in hyper mode, ready to hurl expletives.

Yes, people here too dont wear masks and social distancing is a joke. However, I now try to be calm and stand aside and wait instead of asking people to stand aside and maintain social distancing.

I was watching Oscar speech of Matthew Mcconaughey, my favorite actor :)

He has emphasised the power of gratitude and I have been feeling quite calm by not complaining about things I can't control and instead feeling grateful for things that I have. It does calms me. I never did it before. Before, all I did was work, pub, home and trips. No time for self reflection. Always complaining how people drive on roads. I feel a change in myself now. I hope its a welcome change, for the good.

However, I can't shake the fear that my wife has to go to daily to her office and deal with people who are so called educated fools.

This Covid lock down period has given us new perspective to our lives. Made us feel how unpredictable the life on Earth is. The great firms, stable jobs, strong relationships were shaken.
My current job as an administrator in an orphanage gave us an opportunity to live within the Campus. It is 5km away from the main city. The initial days of lockdown we hardly stepped out of the house. Got groceries and vegetables through the security personnel employed here. We were able to get vegetables fresh from the farms around and also poultry. We were the only few families to get meat to celebrate Easter which happened during the stringent lock down period. We had a great family time playing badminton, chess and painting rocks in the garden.

My sister's family and my parents were living in chennai and so the grand children made a point to WhatsApp video call everyday at 8pm and speak to grandpa and grandma. The bonding between the families grew stronger. Many distant relatives called and spoke over the phone and it was really nice to get time to relax and break from the never ending busy life.
The squirrels playing around on the big trees in front of the house and the birds nests on the branches of the trees made feel made me feel how I did not notice all this time.
Started walking and jogging in the village roads around after 50 days from initial lock down.
The hard part of salary cuts in 35 or 50 percent for both of us did not really cost us anything as our expenditure were greatly reduced and we felt that the almighty God is always there to carry us in times of troubles and tribulations.
I happened to take my bike for a long ride 120 km from Vellore to chennai on 18 June 2020 and came back to Vellore on the same day night as the chennai borders were sealed on the dawn of 19th June 2020. I was riding with a mixed emotions all through thinking of my dad who passed away due to cardiac failure on his way to his village clinic on 18th June morning.
Learning on herd immunity and viral overload had given us more confidence in dealing with this pandemic rather dealing like a complete coward or madly Brave.
Above all I believe God is in control.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I can't visualize about the place you are describing in your post, about your home, but I am sure of one thing, I would really like to live at that place, someplace close to a village where I can go for jogging and take my dog with me too. It really seems like a good place.

Expenditure has reduced so much, no outings has really made a difference in the expenditures. I talk with my parents twice or thrice in a day. I talked that much before lockdown too. I want to visit them but I am afraid of their safety since my wife works in a bank ,and banks, well, banks are just banks.

I am truly sorry about your father, may he rest in peace.

Yes, God is in control.