How has your life changed in Covid-19 crisis?

I happened to take my bike for a long ride 120 km from Vellore to chennai on 18 June 2020 and came back to Vellore on the same day night as the chennai borders were sealed on the dawn of 19th June 2020. I was riding with a mixed emotions all through thinking of
my dad who passed away
due to cardiac failure on his way to his village clinic on 18th June morning.
Rest in Peace.
Anything can happen anytime.
Nothing in our hands.
You were lucky to be there atleast.
Many were not lucky even to move at time.

Theloststory

Sorry to hear about your father, Francis.

My own dad is locked all alone in our house in one city and my mom is with my brother in a different city. It’s tough.

About banks, yes it’s tough. I feel your pain. People are monumental morons. I have to always struggle to maintain the distance.

My office is locked. I needed to get something fixed. Asked the repair man to collect keys from landlord come and fix the stuff. Point is to getting done in my absence. There is that trust so it’s fine.

Four days later I am in office alone doing some work. Repair man lands up without a mask, “sir I saw your car outside so thought I would come in now”.

Face palm.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones

My own dad is locked all alone in our house in one city and my mom is with my brother in a different city. It’s tough.

About banks, yes it’s tough. I feel your pain. People are monumental morons. I have to always struggle to maintain the distance.

My office is locked. I needed to get something fixed. Asked the repair man to collect keys from landlord come and fix the stuff. Point is to getting done in my absence. There is that trust so it’s fine.

Four days later I am in office alone doing some work. Repair man lands up without a mask, “sir I saw your car outside so thought I would come in now”.

Face palm.

In front of my home, is a home of an IRS officer. He has 4 cars, a restaurant (quite good) and 4 dogs (3 Saint Bernards and a black labrador). Naturally, there are like 5-6 helpers who are always at his home for managing things.

I have been seeing their plants getting dried up since two days and yesterday evening, their swab samples were collected. A person wearing PPE kit , took their samples and that too by having them sit on the main road.

Throughout the lockdown period and after that, I never saw the helpers wearing any masks and God knows what places do they go. His son has an RE Himalayan and looks after the restaurant. He never wore a mask on his bike.

Its a strange community here, where I live. People have big homes but no one talks to each other. Unlike my gali or mohalla back home, people actually know each other, even the relatives of neighbours are friends.

I am quite confident if someone gets their results +ve, no one would know since the process of making containment zones is quite incompetent.

Among the homes , only two homes used to talk with their family. I do sanskari namaste since we both have dogs and both of us used our terrace to exercise dogs in the lockdown period. A smile with eye contact later turned to namaste from me.

As you said, your repair man turned up without mask. No one is going to take safety precautions for us. It's us, who have to.

Tilak Francis

Face palm.
Thank you, Param.
As we discuss as a group of friends here about COVID awareness, I wish all our friends to know about herd immunity, Viral overload. The mask we wear would prevent viral overload so that we don't get a severe infection. But according to Herd immunity theory, we need to get exposed to the disease in a controlled manner (exploring out for buying groceries and essentials but with proper protection of hand sanitisation and face mask). We have to get a subclinical infection as we get with injecting polio vaccine or oral polio drops. The polio vaccine actually contain dead virus or live virus with less virulency which does not cause disease but will help our body to develop immunity against the disease. Friends, If you find the time please search and find Dr Jeyeprakash Mulliyal explaining these concepts. He was on once in Karan Thapar show. Also, don't wear a mask while exercising or when you are safe at home or inside your cabin at the office if you are alone. The more you breath within the mask will cause accumulation of carbon dioxide and cause giddiness, headache and complications of hypercapnia.

Theloststory

Thanks Tilak.

The thing about herd immunity is people building immunity after one infection.
There isn’t yet a proven scientific case with enough samples to show that once you get this infection you are immune forever.

For example once you get typhoid/malaria/common cold etc, doesn’t mean you won’t get it again. So while we still don’t know much about this new virus, we better be safe as much as possible.

They say about 30% of the time one gets a common cold and flu, it’s some strain. Of Corona Virus. There are many strains of Corona Virus which infect humans. We don’t have vaccines against most of them. Some vaccines do exist but they have to be taken annually. This new pandemic strain, the novel Corona Virus which causes Covid19, if considered just li,e other strains, will probably also need annual vaccines...

Science still doesn’t know long term impact of Covid19 survivor. Will it weaken some organs?

And yes I agree about the mask use.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Spain's large-scale study on the coronavirus indicates just 5% of its population has developed antibodies, strengthening evidence that a so-called herd immunity to Covid-19 is "unachievable,". Findings come from a nationwide representative sample of more than 61,000 participants

https://reddit.app.link/XtBNZtrUU7

Alan97

Come to Delhi and u will be surprised. These educated fools still haven't understood the meaning of do not litter let alone social distancing.
Yesterday i went to nearby market to buy some essentials and it was a scary scene no sd and very few masks. Then these people blame the Govt for the spread.

Life has surely changed a lot , now we are ordering more from e-commerce rather than going out to buy, but sometimes we have to go.
Business still hasn't started have paid my labor living in bihar from my own pocket.
But again hearing their plight , ours is nothing in comparison. They don't have basic medical facilities there let alone work.
Govt schemes are only on paper the money released have not reached its destination , there are not much work for the exploding numbers of migrants returned to there home states.

I wish each and every one a good and healthy life.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk
It is not only Delhi or UP, there are a lot of "educated" people all around the world that are not taking proper measures to keep themselves safe. When I go out to buy groceries, I still see people without mask or not following social distancing and that gets e really worried for the future.

Alan97

I really like the optimism that you have about the vaccine. But vaccine developments are measured in years.

I hope you are right, and I am wrong.
Yes, Vaccine take years to create, but COVID is different. Everyone is trying to create a vaccine and there are so many human trials that have already begun. My optimism is based on videos and interviews from WHO.