How many steps can you climb non stop?

Viny

I was wondering how many apartment/building steps a normal human being can climb non stop.
Initially thought say 5-6 floors non stop, comes to 75-80 steps.
I tried it today on a 10 storey building, i climbed non stop 196 stairs, could have gone ahead provided building would have more floors to climb.
I did non stop at good pace and i was not grasping for air at the end, comfortably came down.
I might try it again if I get a chance to climb some high rises.

How many steps did you or can you climb?

Lets keep it to steps in buildings and not the steps to climb some mountain or to reach pilgrimage.

Give it a try :)

Mangesh Bramhe

I got BlackJack3d
I climb non-stop for 7 floors, at-least 3 times a day in my office Bldg. The exact number of steps, I have not counted.. but the steps are placed at a greater distance from each other (as compared to stairs normally found in Buildings!!) Also, I normally walk up on alternate steps (i.e 1st step then 3rd step then 5th step & so on..).
And I am gasping for breath at the 5-6th floor or so!! Also, I can literally feel the lactic acid forming in my thigh muscles from the 4th floor onwards!!
But I still do it, as it is the only for of physical exercise I do throughout the day!!

Last edited:

akshay4384

THE LONE RIDER
Don't remember the exact count but years ago it was a few hundered steps non stop at vaishno Devi shrine

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Don't remember the exact count but years ago it was a few hundered steps non stop at vaishno Devi shrine
Pilgrimages are not counted here in this thread! :grin:

I regularly climb 2 floors :)p) as I don't need to climb any higher altitude!
2 Floors in my office, and 2 floors at my home... that's it... and yes, I don't gasp for air at any of them. :lol:

cat

Senior Billi
I'm often amazed to see how some people at my office will take the lift to come up one floor, from the canteen.

Viny

I climb non-stop for 7 floors, at-least 3 times a day in my office Bldg. The exact number of steps, I have not counted.. but the steps are placed at a greater distance from each other (as compared to stairs normally found in Buildings!!) Also, I normally walk up on alternate steps (i.e 1st step then 3rd step then 5th step & so on..).
And I am gasping for breath at the 5-6th floor or so!! Also, I can literally feel the lactic acid forming in my thigh muscles from the 4th floor onwards!!
But I still do it, as it is the only for of physical exercise I do throughout the day!!
Great going, but since you are doing it daily, your body must have got tuned to it, so no more gasping, unless you smoke heavily or age is catching up.

I used to climb 7 floors every day atleast 3-4 times few years back...
Changed office for same reason :p
I guess its your medical condition that stops you from doing same.

I'm often amazed to see how some people at my office will take the lift to come up one floor, from the canteen.
Probably they dont know how to climb stairs :p

akshay4384 said:
Leaving aside pilgrimage ...

KurtRules

Come as you are!
I have done three but that is not my max non stop. I will try it tomorrow. A few years ago I ran 7 floors non stop. Lets see if i can still do it.