How many steps can you climb non stop?

akshay4384

THE LONE RIDER
Whats wrong with climbing steps at pilgrimage?
I dont think almighty injects steeroids to anyone climbing.
4 continously is what i used to do regularly without any huffing and puffing.
Never climbed any higher.

Viny

This topic is specific to day to day climbs in buildings. So there can be some quantifiable understandings as more or less the heights of stairs in most of the building are common, similarly the angle on incidence more or less same. Which would not be common or same for steps at most of the pilgrimages and mountain climbings.

adsatinder

explorer
This topic is specific to day to day climbs in buildings. So there can be some quantifiable understandings as more or less the heights of stairs in most of the building are common, similarly the angle on incidence more or less same. Which would not be common or same for steps at most of the pilgrimages and mountain climbings.
AKSHAY4384 is best...........:p:p
It is More Tough on Such places, where Oxygen is rare. 10 Mtrs seems 10 KMs...:shock::shock:
However, YOU are the Judge here, OK, what You wish..........:grin::grin:

Last edited:

Viny

AKSHAY4384 is best...........:p:p
It is More Tough on Such places, where Oxygen is rare. 10 Mtrs seems 10 KMs...:shock::shock:
However, YOU are the Judge here, OK, what You wish..........:grin::grin:
Sardarji, nothing about being judge here, its all friendly talk.
As far as 0xygen levels are concerned, Vaishno Devi is like 1600m (5300ft) high, oxygen is just 8-10% less then sea level, doesnt hamper much :) Give it a try, its a comfortable walk these days :)

By the way i have done Girnar Temple (1000m high) climb, they say it has 10,000 steps and it was also non stop :D, but would like to keep that out for now.
Girnar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

nishchaya

Dreamer
Historically, I have climbed 620 steps at Shravanbelagola, few hundreds in New Tehri town, few hundreds enroute to Tirumala, few hundreds at Swambhunath (Kathmandu) and few steep steps at Talacauvery, Karnataka. The Shravanbelagola steps remain toughest of them.
I was climbing 156 steps each day for few months till last year in the office. But it has stopped now. I am too lazy to try it again and do just 2-3 floors each day :)

Mangesh Bramhe

I got BlackJack3d
Great going, but since you are doing it daily, your body must have got tuned to it, so no more gasping, unless you smoke heavily or age is catching up.
Yes!! I do smoke regularly :( . Actually, 3 times of the 4, that I have to climb up, is because, I come down to have a smoke!! :(
And I am just 22!! :(
And it doesn't matter if I am doing it for the past 1 year!! The huffing & puffing is still there!! :(
Yes, I know I have to stop it!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm often amazed to see how some people at my office will take the lift to come up one floor, from the canteen.
And I am even more amazed & irritated, how healthy people (without any physical dis-abilities, I mean) take the lift to even go down the stairs!! Right from the 8th floor to the 2nd floor, everybody wants to get into the lift to go to the ground floor!!
Thank God, the lift doesn't stop on the 1st floor in the office Bldg!! Or I would have surely murdered somebody (or at-least broke his leg, so that he has to use a lift for his life-time) !! :mad:

KurtRules

Come as you are!
Just tried it. Ran 6 floors non-stop, climbing adjacent steps throughout. Then huffed all the way down, slowly :)

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Changed office for same reason :p
I guess its your medical condition that stops you from doing same.
Nah, it was my flat. Inspite of lift, I used to take stairs... I finished my college and hence returned to my home where I don't need to climb any steps :)

If Pilgrimage is to be considered, I've been to Girnar (10000 steps) twice as well as Palitana (3000 steps) more than 10 times.

Last edited:

Viny

Just tried it. Ran 6 floors non-stop, climbing adjacent steps throughout. Then huffed all the way down, slowly :)
Good going, I didnt ran up, I just climbed at regular pace but it was non stop. I guess running causes more exhaustion. I think you can do 8-10 floors if you dont run up.