How many steps can you climb non stop?

adsatinder

explorer
Sardarji, nothing about being judge here, its all friendly talk.
As far as 0xygen levels are concerned, Vaishno Devi is like 1600m (5300ft) high, oxygen is just 8-10% less then sea level, doesnt hamper much :) Give it a try, its a comfortable walk these days :)

By the way i have done Girnar Temple (1000m high) climb, they say it has 10,000 steps and it was also non stop :D, but would like to keep that out for now.
Girnar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I have visited Vaishno Devi 2 times. But preferred to stick to Himkoti wide & not so steep way.

I have then gone to Hemkunt Sahib. At Govind Dham / Ghangharia, the first 100 Metres walk to Horse / Mule from Hotel was terrible for me & others with me. It was impossible to trek on last 6 KM. We made on Horse / Mule in 3 Hours, with 1 Break. Horse / Mule also want rest.............:p:p

You are young & Lucky.........:grin::grin:

I took 12 Hours & Lot of Glucose to cover 12KM Trek from Govind Ghat to Govind Dham on Foot.
I am planning Keadrnath Trek also. 13 KM will take more than 14-15 Hours for me from
Morning to Evening.......:shock::shock:

Viny

@adsatinder: Some good treks done there, i agree anything over 4000m high takes some extra efforts, having said that, i think acclimatisation is also a key factor, if we do that then its comfortable to go on these treks. I have done 5000m+ treks and I understand what it takes :)

By Kedarnath trek do you mean visit to Kedearnath shrine or some other trek in kedearnath region?
I am waiting for flood situations to improve in UK, also eyeing few peaks/glacier there :)

Last edited:

Viny

Did 200steps nonstop with total weight going over 100kg. Realized how hard its to climb with extra weight :(
I saw labors carrying plywoods upto 10th floor in on go and each plywood weighs around 20-30kg. They got some serious stamina and muscle powers.

adsatinder

explorer
@adsatinder: Some good treks done there, i agree anything over 4000m high takes some extra efforts, having said that, i think acclimatisation is also a key factor, if we do that then its comfortable to go on these treks. I have done 5000m+ treks and I understand what it takes :)

By Kedarnath trek do you mean visit to Kedarnath shrine or some other trek in kedarnath region?
I am waiting for flood situations to improve in UK, also eyeing few peaks/glacier there :)

Kedarnath from Gauri Kund is about 13km approx and steep too.
I went on Horse / Mule both way, same day return.
I will stay at night near Kedarnath ji Main Temple, in my next visit.
Other nearby treks are very difficult.
I have not that much Muscle Power.
Otherwise I would like to trek that area completely.

Chopta also have good & beautiful trek of 3-4km approx.
Waiting for some opportunity & Time to cover that area also.

I have done many-a-times 40 kms with 18kgs backpack + an assault rifle..and not to mention all the other endurance runs reading lesser than 40 kms..and we run instead :) :) cheers

Last edited:

Viny

I have done many-a-times 40 kms with 18kgs backpack + an assault rifle..and not to mention all the other endurance runs reading lesser than 40 kms..and we run instead :) :) cheers
Good to know :)
But then getting trained is different ball game then a normal person routine.

40kms is long stretch ...walking that long would take me 7-8hrs or probably 10hrs:( and might require 1 or 2 halts too.

jimmy_moh

i used to climb 7 flrs in my office building .....
on the first few times i was really out of breath but later it turned out to be normal....

KonfuSed

I'm often amazed to see how some people at my office will take the lift to come up one floor, from the canteen.
Heh, you are talking about going up, I've seen people in my office building who uses the lift instead of climbing down 1 or 2 floors. Now beat that.
As for me, I can climb 3 floors without huffing and puffing but by 5th I'll become tired and from 6th onwards it will become quite a herculean effort for me :( :(. Tried taking stairs in my office and decided never to do it again (8 floors from lower basement parking) :p..