How much you pay for Streaming Services?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Actually you can quite easily live without dish, I am doing that for quite some time. Majority of the news channels are available for free and some entertainment channels as well. In case you have Vodafone or Jio, you get access to free TV channels on mobile phones and mirror them on TV.

jitenderpathania

Globetrekker
Actually you can quite easily live without dish, I am doing that for quite some time. Majority of the news channels are available for free and some entertainment channels as well. In case you have Vodafone or Jio, you get access to free TV channels on mobile phones and mirror them on TV.
I am doing the same from last one year. Its easy to carry your channels with you anywhere provided the net connection is good \\:D/

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I am doing the same from last one year. Its easy to carry your channels with you anywhere provided the net connection is good \\:D/
True. I have a 75 Mbps connection at the moment and that too unlimited (we use over 1TB a month.) The real trouble begins when it is down and we have to rely on mobile networks. But they too work fine at times, especially Jio.

citylife

I've Netflix (with Express VPN to access US site for BBC etc.), Amazon Prime and Erosenow (for old bollywood).
All look exceptional with Apple Tv 4K compared to TataSky HD+, especially SonyLiv.
Net is Excitel, 100mbps unlimited with airtel 40mbps as backup.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I've Netflix (with Express VPN to access US site for BBC etc.), Amazon Prime and Erosenow (for old bollywood).
All look exceptional with Apple Tv 4K compared to TataSky HD+, especially SonyLiv.
Net is Excitel, 100mbps unlimited with airtel 40mbps as backup.
How is the performance of Apple TV 4k? Any streaming channels in India providing 4k content except Netflix and Prime?

citylife

How is the performance of Apple TV 4k? Any streaming channels in India providing 4k content except Netflix and Prime?
No other channel is having 4K streaming. Apple Tv also has Dolby Vision - many titles on Netflix USA, none on Amazon Prime which has only HDR+. After watching SonyLiv shows on Apple Tv 4K, i can't watch them on TataSky HD. Before Apple TV 4K i had Matricom G-Box Q2. The later worked only for an year and no repair facility in Delhi. But Apple is just fabulous. I hardly ever switch on Tata in my room.

Even all my home/Travel videos go through Apple Tv via Plex all around home wi-fi.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
No other channel is having 4K streaming. Apple Tv also has Dolby Vision - many titles on Netflix USA, none on Amazon Prime which has only HDR+. After watching SonyLiv shows on Apple Tv 4K, i can't watch them on TataSky HD. Before Apple TV 4K i had Matricom G-Box Q2. The later worked only for an year and no repair facility in Delhi. But Apple is just fabulous. I hardly ever switch on Tata in my room.

Even all my home/Travel videos go through Apple Tv via Plex all around home wi-fi.
Are any of the major movies on Netflix USA in 4k or HDR eg. Transformers or Marvel/DC movies? I only found a few older or smaller budget movies or Netflix originals at 4k/HDR in India.

citylife

Are any of the major movies on Netflix USA in 4k or HDR eg. Transformers or Marvel/DC movies? I only found a few older or smaller budget movies or Netflix originals at 4k/HDR in India.
You can see a list of 4K here List of 4K Titles on Netflix - What's on Netflix
Please note that Netflix does not mention 4K, the account says Ultra-HD. So its not exactly 4K. Whereas traditional HD is limited to 1920 vertical columns and 1080 horizontal rows of pixels, Ultra HD has a total resolution of 3840 pixels by 2160 – a slightly smaller resolution than the 4,096 x 2,160 resolution seen on cinema screens (that, for the record, is called Cinema 4K).

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
You can see a list of 4K here List of 4K Titles on Netflix - What's on Netflix
Please note that Netflix does not mention 4K, the account says Ultra-HD. So its not exactly 4K. Whereas traditional HD is limited to 1920 vertical columns and 1080 horizontal rows of pixels, Ultra HD has a total resolution of 3840 pixels by 2160 – a slightly smaller resolution than the 4,096 x 2,160 resolution seen on cinema screens (that, for the record, is called Cinema 4K).
Thank you for the link. Most of the titles are their in-house ones and those that aren't, well, aren't all that great. Seems like Plex remains primary option for 4k good quality content.

citylife

under 'immense pressure' from kids, today subscribed to Hotstar annual offer (58% off). Amazed at kaleidoscopic colors and choice of contents.