how to keep one's interest in photography

mcliu

Though it is bit off topic; but I need to ask. Since past few months I am noticing I am not doing something new . The excitement which drives me now missing. Though I take my camera out everyday and enjoy to photographs .but when I sit in front of my monitor to review my work . I feel I am at dead end whereas I enjoy seeing others works and getting excited. But with my own work I feel very low about it.
Just curious to know if any of you have gone through same phase. If so what you all do.???

iamsomnath

Where is the remote?
Very natural. Everyone suffers from it once or twice. Just don't push yourself. With time either you will feel interested or will forget about it entirely. Win win all the same.

adsatinder

explorer
It is mostly others that keep you on war footing.
If no boss is there...
only few can work...
Make a boss
or
make some idol
or
make some goal
achievement can come only after moving.
But who will move you ?
Think....

mcliu

Very natural. Everyone suffers from it once or twice. Just don't push yourself. With time either you will feel interested or will forget about it entirely. Win win all the same.
So I am not alone after all... Thanks for reply. I was about to visit psychiatrist to get my head examine.

mcliu

It is mostly others that keep you on war footing.
If no boss is there...
only few can work...
Make a boss
or
make some idol
or
make some goal
achievement can come only after moving.
But who will move you ?
Think....
Thanks for reply.. A very good suggestion.need to work on that. Let me see what moves me.

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
Couple of years back, late 2014, I was in same boat. My photography was not moving any where. All pics that i clicked lacked the punch I could see in other photos i liked. I was feeling frustrated seeing my results. I was clicking only in manual mode and my photos were not pleasing me. I was at a very low point. I wanted to pursue photography more than before.
To keep myself motivated, I did two things.
1) Formed a group of photographers in my local vicinity. Sometimes I used to take initiatives to call people and go out for photo-walks. If no one comes, I will go alone.
2) increased my participation in online forums. Started various discussions. starting critiquing images.

These things worked for me in my low period. Today, I am more motivated than ever. I sneak out in whatever opportunity i get to shoot.
upload_2016-9-11_13-18-34.png