How to read IGL's Meter for PNG in residential apartments?

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
@YS:

Atithi Devo Bhav... but only for couple of days! :grin:

Well, we have noted down the meter reading what he had mentioned in his register. Let's see if the bill comes with that reading.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
@YS: ...
Well, we have noted down the meter reading what he had mentioned in his register. Let's see if the bill comes with that reading.
Just received the new bill on my email.

It is showing the exact reading noted down by the reader on his register. No issues in that!
The bill for 75 days of consumption (25 SCM) stands at approx. :r:700; with most units priced at new higher rates of :r:29/SCM.

PNG.jpg

For last several weeks our consumption has increased a bit and hence the higher amount of bill!

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
@AnupJi:
Whats the correlation between quantities of gas in an LPG cylinder and in Piped form?! :confused:

As of now, I'm just making a comparison based on our normal consumption pattern of given months.

Admin01

Administrator
I have a feeling that this will turn out to be more expensive in the long run. Worse still, in case of an actual gas crisis, it would have more immediate impact than LPG cylinders would have had otherwise.

Only plus side is, you don't have bother with using only limited amount of gas.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
@YS: No; with present rates, it is slightly cheaper than LPG.
But who knows like CNG vs. petrol/diesel, they'll price it at par or even more than LPG! :mad:

One thing I want to share here, is that ladies of my family noticed that the flame of PNG comes at more 'pressure' and even at the lowest setting on gas-stove, the heat (sometimes) is much higher than required and needs a constant attention while cooking food else it might get burnt! :eek: