How to recover lost mobile?

kmohan

I lost my mobile yesterday in Munirka. Is there any chance to recover the mobile? I know one has to file FIR for further process, but then I don't see that will be of any use as I know one person who lost his Samsung Corby brand new in the same location and filed an FIR but nothing happened.

Mine is an 4 yrs old Sony Ericssion and I know police wouldn't even consider my case to file an FIR. More than the phone, its very close to my heart. I would like to get it back at any cost.

Admin01

Administrator
Have you tried calling your phone number? Maybe it was picked up by someone who would be considerate enough to give it back?

Apart from that, filling an FIR is probably the need of the hour, as you might need that to get the new sim issued.

kmohan

Thanks Yogesh, but I got a new sim card for that mobile few days back and I don't bother about the sim card as it's a prepaid card and there is no balance as of now. One has to top-up to make outgoing calls.

Any other way to recover? When googled got this website... but doesn't seems to be reliable. Have anyone heard about them?

Kalyan mobile

narender

DRIFTER
I don't bother about the sim card as it's a prepaid card and there is no balance as of now. One has to top-up to make outgoing calls.
You must bother about sim card.Top up recharge is easily available and your sim cam be used to make some nasty calls.It is registered with your name ..Get it blocked ASAP.

kmohan

You must bother about sim card.Top up recharge is easily available and your sim cam be used to make some nasty calls.It is registered with your name ..Get it blocked ASAP.
Thanks Narender, I have blocked the sim. But how come he will get to know the number which he need to recharge, because it doesn't have any balance and he can't make any outgoing calls at the moment or send sms.

Also, I have locked the phone with password and if he remove the battery once, it will ask for phone password. But I think it can be broken easily.

I asked about tracking the phone and told to call up Sony Ericssion with IMEI number. There seems to be a software installed on the phone which will help to trace the mobile. But need to find out if the s/w is installed in my phone or not.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mohan, I believe service providers can trace IMEI numbers in real time.
Do check with your service provider.

kmohan

I checked with Airtel sir, but they say only Mobile company can trace it and given the customer care number of Sony Ericssion. Don't have the IMEI number with me right now so will be calling them in the evening.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
I find the mobile tracker feature in Samsung phones very attractive!
We have six Samsungs in the family!

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Elabortion required!
Sachin, Samsung phones come with mobile tracker built in.
In case of theft:
You will block your SIM card. The thief will certainly change the SIM card.
The moment a new SIM is inserted it will send SMS to three numbers that you have fed into it earlier for such a contingency. The SMS will contain IMEI number and the new mobile number.
Now, you need to approach the police and the service provider with this information and 'proof of purchase' of your lost mobile. There is a good chance of being able to recover it and have the culprit caught.

Note: It is imperative to feed in the information into your phone right after purchase and 'commission' the mobile tracker feature. Also, retain the proof of purchase, and make sure the IMEI number is mentioned on it.