Hyderabad to Bangalore road status

Discussion in 'Road Status' started by kishore1006, Jan 11, 2018.

1. kishore1006

kishore1006 New Member

I will be traveling by car from Hyderabad to Bangalore in next week. This will be my first very long drive in car, previously I had driven for around 200+km, so I'm little cautious. How's road status from Hyderabad to Bangalore. Are there any places where we need to be careful? For example large speed breakers or potholes or blind curves or accident prone zones etc. that you remember ?

How about police with speed guns? I heard that recently there are many places where police monitoring for speed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

2. deepam

deepam Super User

Hi Kishore,
    One of the best roads to drive in the country is between Hyderabad to Bangalore. Blissful to drive.
    Expect more traffic on the road compared to other days during Dassera, Diwali and Sankranthi time period.
    Which car do you drive?

You get 8 tolls and you end paying Rs 670/- [excluding ORR Toll]

I recommend you to start from Hyderabad at 4 PM so that by midnight you can reach Bangalore. Commuting inside Bangalore city is blissful.
    If you have to reach near Mekri Circle, Hebbal or Jallahalli this advise does not apply - anytime is fine.

Now food joints:
    1. Initial before Jadcherla you get plenty of them.
    2. You get 2 in between Hotel 97 and Hotel Pyramid [both on right side].
    3. Kurnool town - Hotel Surya - Veg and Non Veg kitchens / restaurants are separate.
    4. Then after the Goothy toll 2 + km on right side you get Hotel Blue moon, food is expensive clean wash rooms. Though you have Hotel Ravi Teja just immediately after Gooty toll - where all TN/KL buses stop for dinner. Food is OK but wash rooms are not clear.
    5. Once you miss this then next Food joints are post Devanahalli byepass
    Bad Speed breakers:
    1. At Pamidi [20+ km after Gooty toll]
    2. Anantapur town between 2 flyovers.
    Careful while going from Hyderabad - as you reach Pebbair - it appears the road is straight - but the road turns to the right and there is intersection, for vehicles from Pebbair to cross to join the Hyderabad road.

Enjoy the blissful drive.

3. deepam

deepam Super User

Regarding Speed Guns, can be anwhere between Gadwal cross till you cross Kurnool.
    Near Anantapur.
    Maintain 80 kmph between Airport toll and Hebbal, do not exceed.

4. kishore1006

kishore1006 New Member

Thanks a lot for the reply.
    I'm going to drive Baleno(petrol)

Could you please share the location details of hotel Surya in Kurnool. I've Googled it but I'm finding multiple restaurants.

Regarding the time to start, I'm quite new to car driving and prefer driving day time as I don't want to get distracted by High beams! By the way, I stay in Bangalore but my hometown is Hyderabad. I'll be reaching Hyderabad in bus and returning to Bangalore in car :)

5. deepam

deepam Super User

++++++++++++++
    I am sorry it is not Hotel Surya - Its is Hotel Suraj Grand.
    This as you hit Kurnool City you see board for Kurnool left and Mantralayam right [after crossing TB river bridge] do not take the flyover, you need to go below the flyover & take left towards Kurnool bus stand and then after you make left turn on your right side you will see the hotel - take U turn at next available opportunity to reach Hotel.

6. deepam

deepam Super User

If you are new driver - then my recommendation is you start at 7 AM. There is going to be Fog.
    Carry breakfast and stop at any bus stop around 8 AM, else on left side after Jadcherla flyover is Hotel Virat Vignesh. I do not recommend you to take Hotel Sandarshini which is on the right side of the road.
    Lunch break around 12 PM you can take at Hotel Suraj Grand.
    Then around 6 PM you can take break at Hotel Nandi Devanahalli [Nandi Hills Entrance road] for tea,

7. kishore1006

kishore1006 New Member

Thanks again for the advice :)

8. kishore1006

kishore1006 New Member

Finally completed the Trip.

Here is a short info about the trip:

Started at 8:30am and ended trip at 7:30
    Total distance travelled:580km
    Total time taken: 11hrs( travel: 8.5hrs, break:2.5hrs)
    Max speed:120kmph

The road from gooty till ananthapur is little dangerous, confusing curves. One need to be careful here.

30km before reaching ananthapur suddenly one lady came on to road from the plants on the divider and I had to suddenly change direction. That was little scary!!

Tolls:
    - name: jadcherla cost:60
    - name: Western Andhra tollways limited cost:60
    - name: Pullur cost:100
    - name: kasepalli cost:90
    - name: marur cost:100
    - name: bagepalli cost:85
    - name: devanhalli cost:85

Stopped for breakfast at yagnesh virat @jadcherla.wash rooms are ok. Food is not tasty and it's a bit pricey. I won't stop here next time again for food.

Stopped for lunch somewhere after Kurnool in a farm near roadside and had the food we carried.

Stopped for snacks at Nandi upachar. It's costly but washrooms are very decent.!!

9. deepam

deepam Super User

++++++++++++++++++
    Glad you completed the trip as scheduled.
    Tolls:
    - name: jadcherla cost:60
    - name: Western Andhra tollways limited cost:60
    - name: Pullur cost:100
    - name: kasepalli cost:90
    - name: marur cost:100
    - name: bagepalli cost:85
    - name: devanhalli cost:85
    You missed one toll - Rs 100/- in your above list [as there are 8 tolls costing Rs 670/-]
    Yes with breaks considered this is a good timing.