Hyderabad to Delhi - best route

harneet

We have traveled 8 times between hyderabad and delhi

took diffrent routes
the last route which was taken is the best route according to me:

the best route is:
Hyderabad->Nizamadad->Nanded->Hingoli->Washim->Akola(by pass)->Burhanpur->Khandwa->Indore->Ujjain->Kota->Tonk->Jaipur->Delhi
One can easily cover in 28 driving hrs
can travel in night, safe
Road is good. No torture for vehicle

Most of the road is single lane but well maintained and tarred road.
I would say one should only go by this way until and unless specific reasons to chose any other route

Other routes which we have undertaken are:

Hyderabad->Nizamabad->Nagpur->Betul->Hoshangabad->Bhopal->Beaora->Guna->Shivpuri->Gwalior->Agra->Delhi

The Hyderabad to nagpur Highway is good but there are too many diversions because of the construction of 8 lane National Highway.
After Nagpur the road is in really in bad shape. it has potholes which can gallop a truck. very bad route
it should take good 2-3 yrs for the road to get in shape.
Also the Shivpuri Gwalior strech should not be taken between 12 and 4. Not safe

Hyderabad->Nizamabad->Nagpur->Betul->Hoshangabad->Bhopal->Jhalawar->Kota->Tonk->Jaipur->Delhi

same old story for the Nagpur highway
Road till Jhalawar is also bad.
only after reaching Kota one gets a relief

Hyderabad->Nizamabad->Nagpur->Seoni->Sagar->Lalitpur->Jhansi->Gwalior->Agra->Delhi
Worst of all the routes
Nagpur Highway is same old story
Till Sagar there is no road i would say. driving on the kaccha road on the sides was much more relaxing than the actual
Moreover after Sagar till Jhansi, roads are bad. Its just when you reach Gwalior the roads are good, but by the time u reach gwalior-you will be dead tired because of the road which you have travelled

Thats all everyone.
Feel free to ask for any information or suggestions.

harneet

I reecntly cam back and slight modification in the route is as folllows:

Hyderabad->Nizamabad->Bodhan->Nanded->Hingoli->Washim->Balapur->Burhanpur->Mhow(before Indore)->Ratlam->Pratapgarh->Chittorgarh->Kishangarh->Jaipur->Delhi

bad roads are only 35-40 KMS for the entire ~1700 KM

kvmaheshwari

Harneet - I'm planning a Hyderabad to Delhi road trip at the end of September. Do you still recommend Hyderabad->Nizamabad->Bodhan->Nanded->Hingoli->Washim->Balapur->Burhanpur->Mhow(before Indore)->Ratlam->Pratapgarh->Chittorgarh->Kishangarh->Jaipur->Delhi as the best route?

I was thinking of going via Nagpur and Gwalior and have night halts in those two cities. What would be the best halts if I go through Rajasthan?

Many thanks for your help.

Rajesh Kannan

I suggest you to use this route hyderabad -- nagpur -- sagar -- jhansi --agra -delhi ... I am always used this route to travel between hyderabad to Delhi and I think it's the most comfortable way,,,!

timetrial

I suggest you to use this route hyderabad -- nagpur -- sagar -- jhansi --agra -delhi ... I am always used this route to travel between hyderabad to Delhi and I think it's the most comfortable way,,,!
I am planning for a road trip to hyderabad, in early june... the route you have mentioned, please can you let me know of the road conditions..is it ok ! I will be driving my chevy beat along with my wife and son , and can you please suggest some decent stops along the way.

suyash_tripathi

Yes, now the North South corridor is fast improving so one can take Delhi-Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Sagar-Nagpur route to Hyderabad. Only area of concern would be the stretch between Gwalior to Jhansi, its full with diversions and some bad roads. Since, you will be going in early June so not a big problem as this stretch would become horrible in monsoon.

kmreddy

would like to know from the regular travellers, experts whats the best route for doing Delhi to Hyderabad and back on a Touring motorcyle(bullet TB500). as will be going further down after hyderabad. is it ok to do night travel on the bike(to cover some more distance) on the Delhi to hyd route.

We have traveled 8 times between hyderabad and delhi

took diffrent routes
the last route which was taken is the best route according to me:

the best route is:
Hyderabad->Nizamadad->Nanded->Hingoli->Washim->Akola(by pass)->Burhanpur->Khandwa->Indore->Ujjain->Kota->Tonk->Jaipur->Delhi
One can easily cover in 28 driving hrs
can travel in night, safe
Road is good. No torture for vehicle

Most of the road is single lane but well maintained and tarred road.
I would say one should only go by this way until and unless specific reasons to chose any other route

Other routes which we have undertaken are:

Hyderabad->Nizamabad->Nagpur->Betul->Hoshangabad->Bhopal->Beaora->Guna->Shivpuri->Gwalior->Agra->Delhi

The Hyderabad to nagpur Highway is good but there are too many diversions because of the construction of 8 lane National Highway.
After Nagpur the road is in really in bad shape. it has potholes which can gallop a truck. very bad route
it should take good 2-3 yrs for the road to get in shape.
Also the Shivpuri Gwalior strech should not be taken between 12 and 4. Not safe

Hyderabad->Nizamabad->Nagpur->Betul->Hoshangabad->Bhopal->Jhalawar->Kota->Tonk->Jaipur->Delhi

same old story for the Nagpur highway
Road till Jhalawar is also bad.
only after reaching Kota one gets a relief

Hyderabad->Nizamabad->Nagpur->Seoni->Sagar->Lalitpur->Jhansi->Gwalior->Agra->Delhi
Worst of all the routes
Nagpur Highway is same old story
Till Sagar there is no road i would say. driving on the kaccha road on the sides was much more relaxing than the actual
Moreover after Sagar till Jhansi, roads are bad. Its just when you reach Gwalior the roads are good, but by the time u reach gwalior-you will be dead tired because of the road which you have travelled

Thats all everyone.
Feel free to ask for any information or suggestions.

WyomingFly

would like to know from the regular travellers, experts whats the best route for doing Delhi to Hyderabad and back on a Touring motorcyle(bullet TB500). as will be going further down after hyderabad. is it ok to do night travel on the bike(to cover some more distance) on the Delhi to hyd route.
I did Bangalore to Delhi a few months back. Everything in the south is beyond excellent to about the MP border. MP border to Jabalpur mixed with some terrible near Jabalpur, then took road to the 12A and 75 and 3A to near Agra and got on the new toll road to Delhi.

NH 7 through most of MP is hell

swaroopa

Banned
Hi, That is the best route which you have mentioned to travel Hyderabad to Delhi. Using this route, no need to face any hurdles while traveling.

hunny

Hi,
Iam planning for Hyderabad to Noida trip in late April. Need suggestions for Hyderabad->Bhusawal->Kota-> Noida route. Anybody travelled through this route? how is the road conditions and is this route safe.