Hyderabad to Hampi Road status

rajpalrao

Did anyone travel from hyderabad to Hampi recently. If so can you kindly update on the road status.

I’m planning a trip during Dec 22-23 with family to Hampi and jog falls.

Also any reasonably priced hotels, homestays in Hampi and jog falls.

Thank you I’m advance for your time.

Raj

deepam

Super User
Road Status:
Hyderabad to Hampi [Hosapete] via Raichur, Manvi, Sindhanur, Gangavathi.
From Mathkal to TS-KA border now the road widening work is in progress; I recommend you to do this during day time. Raichur to Hampi, good road but with lot of speedbreakers.

Else via Kurnool - Alur - Moka - Ballari - Hosapete
In 2 days you cannot visit Jogfalls and return. Unless you are planning to extend it till Dec 25. Do not expect gushing waters at Jogfalls, it may be disappointed and you will feel it is not the worth. Visiting Jog falls is worth only during Monsoon after heavy rainfall.
Instead you can cover Badami, Almatti Dam, Bijapur

Decided to go to Jogfalls, do not take by chance Hosapete to Hubli road, road widening is in progress with all of diversions.
From Hosapete to Jogfalls via Harihara - Honnali - Sikaripura - Sagara
Google Maps
From Jogfalls to Hyerabad via Hubli - Bijapur - Gulbarga:
Google Maps

Stay option in Hampi: KSTDC
Hosapete: Malligi is first choice and the rest can be booked looking at Yatra or Make my trip.
Jog has KSTDC but may not be in good condition, you can plan to stay in Sirsi

rajpalrao

Hi deepam

Thank you for your detailed reply.
If jog is not roaring not worth going then.
Will see if I can do the places you suggested.

Raj

Road Status:
Hyderabad to Hampi [Hosapete] via Raichur, Manvi, Sindhanur, Gangavathi.
From Mathkal to TS-KA border now the road widening work is in progress; I recommend you to do this during day time. Raichur to Hampi, good road but with lot of speedbreakers.

Else via Kurnool - Alur - Moka - Ballari - Hosapete
In 2 days you cannot visit Jogfalls and return. Unless you are planning to extend it till Dec 25. Do not expect gushing waters at Jogfalls, it may be disappointed and you will feel it is not the worth. Visiting Jog falls is worth only during Monsoon after heavy rainfall.
Instead you can cover Badami, Almatti Dam, Bijapur

Decided to go to Jogfalls, do not take by chance Hosapete to Hubli road, road widening is in progress with all of diversions.
From Hosapete to Jogfalls via Harihara - Honnali - Sikaripura - Sagara
Google Maps
From Jogfalls to Hyerabad via Hubli - Bijapur - Gulbarga:
Google Maps

Stay option in Hampi: KSTDC
Hosapete: Malligi is first choice and the rest can be booked looking at Yatra or Make my trip.
Jog has KSTDC but may not be in good condition, you can plan to stay in Sirsi
Hi deepam

gjk

Did anyone travel from hyderabad to Hampi recently. If so can you kindly update on the road status.

I’m planning a trip during Dec 22-23 with family to Hampi and jog falls.

Also any reasonably priced hotels, homestays in Hampi and jog falls.

Thank you I’m advance for your time.

Raj
Hi

Did you travel to Hampi? I am planning to travel on Feb 23-26 and would appreciate your word on the road conditions.

deepam

Super User
Hi

Did you travel to Hampi? I am planning to travel on Feb 23-26 and would appreciate your word on the road conditions.
+++++++++++++++
I advise you to go via Kurnool Ballari [I am assuming you are taking Private Car].
Kurnool - Kodamuru - Aspari - Alluru - Moka - Ballari [Bellary] - Tornagallu - Hosapete [Hospet]
This route it will be 460 km

If you take via Raichur, still road diversions are there and it is nuisance to cover Raichur to Hosapete during day.
expected km is 420 km.