Hyderabad to ladakh by road on bike

Hari Sid

Hi all am Sid a motovlogger looking for a companion to travel ladhak by road from Hyderabad to ladhak in July2020 so anyone interested he/she be free to ping me on whatsapponly 8019619635 TIA

sid1509

Hi Sid,

My name is also Siddharth and am also called Sid by near and dear ones. Posting my query here instead of starting a new thread.

2020 has been a bummer so far and hopes of a ladakh trip this year are fading by each passing day. First Covid and now the China situation in ladakh.

Assuming COVID pandemic has settled and local authorities permitting Inner line permits in Ladakh region by aug/sep’20 after China situation is peaceful, am looking for riding partners from NCR/other places for trip to Himachal/Ladakh in aug/sep’20. My 4th trip to ladakh, twice in Scorpio and did half solo last year on a himalayan (return leg was solo as my riding mate met with an accident on the way back from leh).

Tentative plan day wise -
1. Del - Ambala-Dalhousie via Jot pass
2. Dalhousie - Kishtwar via padri pass
3. Kishtwar - Sinthan pass & return to Killar via Cliffhanger/new road (if it is open)
4. Killar - sach pass and back
5. Killar - Udaipur - Keylong - Jispa
6. Jispa - Darcha - shinkula-Padum (zanskar)
7. Zanskar local
8. Padum -pensi la-drang drung glacier-Kargil/lamayuru
9. Kargil/lamayuru - Leh
10. Leh local/permits
11. Leh - Khardungla-turtuk
12. Turtuk -hunder-agham/shyok-pangong/Spangmik/man/Merak
13. Merak -chushul-kakasangla/tsaga la-hanle
14. Hanle - nyoma - korzok/tso moriri
15. Tso Moriri - tso kar- pokolongla- debring-pang-sarchu
16. Sarchu - baralachala -
Gramphoo turn towards kaza-kunzum pass - kaza
17. Chandrataal/Kaza and near abouts (Hikkim/Komic/Langza)
18. Pin valley/tabo/nako
19. Chitkul
20. Chitkul - Rohru - Pabbar valley - Chanshal Pass/Dodra & back
21. Back to Delhi via Hatu Peak/Chakrata route

Not sure if and when tourists will be allowed in Ladakh. So Zanskar into Leh and abouts is skeptical. Highly unlikely actually for 2020. So the trip can skip all of Zanskar/Leh from days 6-16 (sections marked in red) and instead can do Udaipur-Gramphoo-Kaza. That should bring the trip down to about 10-11 days.

I had a not so great riding experience riding last year in jun’20 and prefer to home in with like minded riders this time. Sane riding speeds at all times. Prior Ladakh experience is an added bonus.

About me, 43 year old, fun loving and cheerful at heart rider with a stock Himalayan sleet (with travel related minor modifications done) picked up last year specially for Ladakh/spiti rides. Only 6k done and waiting for climb the Ladakh region again. Can do long rides with ease. Did solo leh to Gurgaon in two days on my return leg last year. Leh - Srinagar day one and Srinagar -Gurgaon day two..

Have a business of my own and thus can excuse myself for a longish period.

Rest, let’s connect if this interests anyone on this forum. Of course, i expect COVID pandemic to be over/no more a threat before taking off for this one before Ladakh season closes this year..Give or take a couple of days. Chime in with your thoughts everyone. Aug/sep should allow us a good escapade in my opinion.

Cheers, Sid

deepam

Super User
Sid,
Government may relax but I do not see a bright sun shinning [in current COVID-19 pandemic] till Jan 2021.
The situation in reality is going to be grimmer by the day and expected to peak further till year end