Hyderabadi biryani in Hyderabad

darth_lucifer

Rides R Us
Re: Hyderabadi biriyani in hyderabad

Paradise in secundrabad.One of the tenderest biryanis I have had in hyderabad/maybe anywhere

Its a big joint with a take away station/there is a open air terrace on first floor and paradise persis gold and silver restaurants.Quality of biryani is same just the ambience varies

People say four seasons restaurant comes next

Last edited:

kmohan

Paradise in secundrabad.One of the tenderest biryanis I have had in hyderabad/maybe anywhere

Its a big joint with a take away station/there is a open air terrace on first floor and paradise persis gold and silver restaurants.Quality of biryani is same just the ambience varies

People say four seasons restaurant comes next
+1 to that..I have tasted the briyani twice during my Chennai trip. Briyani was awesome :)

Sharpro

Paradise is very close to where I live, and I'm so bored of their Biriyani. Ever tried 'Hyderabad House' :tonqe: ?

Indizen

I had biryani at a place near Charminar, which is supposed to be very famous, and the name was similar to Paradise - do they have a branch?
The next day we had chicken biryani for lunch at a modern chain restaurant, I think it was Hyderabad House!
The first one was a more authentic experience.

Sharpro

I had biryani at a place near Charminar, which is supposed to be very famous, and the name was similar to Paradise - do they have a branch?
I don't think so, apparently every other shop in Hyderabad is named after Paradise. ;)

gulloo

Guru

I was in Hyderabad recently with my daughter and had the so called Hyderabadi Biryani at Hotel Paradise and also at Hotel Shadaab (Near Charminar). Both places were a big disappointment. The containers were lined with sort of boiled rice at the bottom and at the top with some mutton thrown in at the center.
The waiters served up the biryani at both the places and mixed the rice with the mutton at the center while serving to give it a " biryani look".
We stopped eating Hyderabadi Biryani after these two trials.

[Off-topic]
We found lot of "Chaat" street vendors. Their "aloo ki tikki" and chaat was not what a north-indian would expect. Surprisingly their Gol Gappas (Paani Poori), were good and so was the price. Sometimes we got 7 for 5 rupees !!!
Prantha at the Punjabi Dhaba near Railway station was good (Rs. Eighteen) and so was the special attraction of Tandoori Chicken (Rs. 100 Full/ 55 for half) at one hotel bang on the secunderabad rly station (the name started with "A", was on the corner and lighted up like deepawali). Lot of roasted Cashew Nuts thrown in for good relief; the chicken was tender, succulent well marinated (the marinate reaching well inside the flesh) and weighed lot more than its anaemic northern counterpart. Would definetely go again given half a chance.

There were lot of street vendors at secunderabad Railway station offering a single plain dosa with two idlis for breakfast (Rs. 15). The trick was to ensure that the sambhar they offered was hot. Black Grapes (Rs. 40/Kg) were also great treat, coz they were softer and distinctively sweeter than what we usually get in northern india, and our juicewala on SD road, would gladly crush them into juice making 2 glasses from 250 gms of grapes. Not bad for 10 rupees !!!!

Last edited: