Hyundai Creta SUV launched at Rs. 8.59 Lakhs (Ex-Showroom, Delhi)

Viju

Life is an Adventure , Take Risk....
Hyundai Creta is offered at a starting price tag of Rs. 8,59,558 (Ex-Showroom, Delhi). It will be available in ten variants with a choice of petrol and diesel engines. The Creta will also be the only SUV to be offered in a diesel automatic, which itself will be a strong selling point. Bagging 10,000 bookings already, Hyundai seems to be very confident about its success in India. Power train options in Hyundai Creta include petrol 1.6 Dual VTVT, 1.4 CRDI and 1.6 VGT CRDI diesel engines. The 1.6 CRDI will also be offered with an automatic gearbox, a segment first.

Hyundai already sells the premium Santa Fe, which has given enough knowledge of the SUV business. Based on the new generation Fluidic Sculpture design language, the Hyundai Creta looks very impressive. There are projector lights in front with a well sculpted hood line. Dimensionally, it measures 4270mm in length, 1780mm in width and 1630mm in height. It has a ground clearance of 190mm and a generous wheelbase of 2590mm.

Hyundai-Creta-rear-view.jpg

When it comes to offering features, Hyundai knows what ticks the Indian consumer. They have equipped the Creta with the latest of infotainment options. It gets leather upholstery, large 5-inch touchscreen unit, steering mounted controls, on-board memory for storing music, Start/Stop button, smart key, navigation unit, reverse park assist and many more. The automatic variant features hill assist with ABS and ESC as standard.

Hyundai Creta Variant-wise Features(Ex-showroom, New Delhi)
Petrol Variants
1.6 Base petrol – Rs. 8.59 lakh
1.6 S petrol – Rs. 9.57 lakh
1.6 SX+ petrol – Rs. 11.19 lakh

Diesel Variants
1.4 Base diesel – Rs. 9.46lakh
1.4 S diesel – Rs.10.42 lakh
1.4 S+ diesel – Rs. 11.45 lakh
1.6 SX diesel – Rs. 11.59 lakh
1.6 SX+ diesel – Rs. 12.67 lakh
1.6 SX+ AT diesel – Rs. 13.57 lakh
1.6 SX (O) diesel – Rs. 13.60 lakh

RAVI SINGH

Creta looks good on paper. Hope it is as good on road. Unfortunately except Maruti,vehicles from other manufacturers lack after sales service and spares. Spares are biggest headache in today's complicated vehicles. More the vehicle is fitted with electronic gizmos the more difficult to procure spares if anything goes wrong. Petrol versions are better bet than diesel version as diesel models have more complicated mechanism and spares are expensive. Hyundai is 2nd biggest player in India. Hope it lives up to expectations of Creta customers in terms of service and spares. Service and spares are two aspects which make or break any model from manufacturers stable.

deepam

Super User
I did have a look at the car on Tuesday on the day of launch- looks promising.

Recommended a go ahead for my friend, who is planning to buy in early 2016.

deepam

Super User
Got the test drive feedback - the car is good to drive.
Except it is bit bouncy > 160 kmph speed - This is not a big concern to me.

ajayshokeen

Got the test drive and drove it to the severe rough road patches in Mangol Puri Indstrl Area, and to my surprise, the suspension behaved pretty well. Soft Suspension is Hyundai's trademark, but they've certainly improved upon in Creta. It has the extra punch which is certainly lacking in most of the compact SUVs. Though, it's a bit bouncy but overall ride quality is good. Price is certainly an issue and I feel it's an overpriced vehicle.