Il Forno : Manali : The Best Italian Restaurent In H.P.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great pics, Francis! :)
Yes the Bolognese looks good. Is it a veggie version or is there mutton mince in it?
The white pasta sauce (mushroom base?) looks yummy!

Don't need to eat my heart out; I do my own splendid pastas at home, hehe! :-

i'll second that. the food here is awesome. While doing Delhi - Manali in a day we ensure that we reach there directly to have a late lunch and then proceed for acco. search.

The closest tasting pizza i've had in delhi would have to be Le Piazza at Hyatt. Though it's priced 4 - 5 times the pizzas at Il Forno!

Re: IL FORNO, an italian family-run restaurant, MANALI

Hi Vikas, Thanks for finding this review useful. About the prices, I recollect that they were in the range of Rs150 to 250 ...

Coming back to IL FORNO, frankly, it is excellent value for money spent, even if it is a little on the higher side. For example, take their special Spettzatino (lamb dish...my mouth is watering now sitting in my office at lunch hour thinking of this:grin:), it is huge bowlful of boneless tender lamb, which would cost them quite a bit to make. So, you will get your money's worth, is what I would say.

Cheers again,:)
Stop stop guys...!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :p the mention of all that good food at the IF FORNO makes we want to grab a seat on the next plane out of this godforsaken desert and head straight for Manali...suddenly December seems tooooo far away...;)

With all the reviews about the good eating joints in manali...wild horses couldnt keep me away...Wifey's objection to the long road journey pre-emptorily overruled !!!

IL FORNO & CHOPSTICKS have already got their reviews, but no write ups as yest on the German & French cuisine in "ye old manali"... i am to believe no-one tried there...??? thats seems impossible seeing the size of the BCMTian family...

Here's foood for thought. will these places be open in December ????

Last edited:

KurtRules

Come as you are!
We already have a thread running for the same restaurant.

@Mods: Please merge the two threads.

Mod note: Thanks! Merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francis

Banned
Great pics, Francis! :)
Yes the Bolognese looks good. Is it a veggie version or is there mutton mince in it?
The white pasta sauce (mushroom base?) looks yummy!

Don't need to eat my heart out; I do my own splendid pastas at home, hehe! :-
The Bolognese was mince meat and quite delicious but I liked the Pasta more.

sbkmurthy

Re: IL FORNO, an italian family-run restaurant, MANALI

Stop stop guys...!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :p the mention of all that good food at the IF FORNO makes we want to grab a seat on the next plane out of this godforsaken desert and head straight for Manali...suddenly December seems tooooo far away...;)

With all the reviews about the good eating joints in manali...wild horses couldnt keep me away...Wifey's objection to the long road journey pre-emptorily overruled !!!

IL FORNO & CHOPSTICKS have already got their reviews, but no write ups as yest on the German & French cuisine in "ye old manali"... i am to believe no-one tried there...??? thats seems impossible seeing the size of the BCMTian family...

Here's foood for thought. will these places be open in December ????
Dear Pilgrim, Hi.

Apparently, the IL FORNO family shut the place down during December and head out to Goa for a couple of months. This info may impede the Pilgrim's Progress (Pun intended:grin:). BTW, The Pilgrim's Progress from This World to That Which Is to Come is written by John Bunyan and published in 1678. It is regarded as one of the most significant works of religious English literature, has been translated into more than 200 languages, and has never been out of print!! If your choice of moniker "The Pilgrim" is inspired from this, I'm sure you will find other rockin' places to gorge in December. Happy holidays, in advance!

Cheers,
SBKMurthy

sbkmurthy

We already have a thread running for the same restaurant.

@Mods: Please merge the two threads.

Mod note: Thanks! Merged.
Dear Moderators,

Please may I request you to kindly restore the ORIGINAL TITLE with which I started this thread? It appears that while merging two threads, the original title has been replaced. Please rename this thread with the original title "IL FORNO, an italian family-run restaurant, MANALI".

Thank you,
SBKMurthy