Il Forno : Manali : The Best Italian Restaurent In H.P.

sbkmurthy

Pleasantly surprised last night while channel surfing. NDTV Good Times featured IL FORNO in their "HIGHWAY ON A PLATE" program around 9PM. My kids were mighty thrilled to see our Manali daily diner being featured on TV and Roberta being interviewed etc. :)

Terminator

Influenced by the good reviews here,I went to Il Ferno,while I was in Manali last month.
I wanted to testify the appreciation its been receiving :
First Impression:
This place has got a charm,a cozy place tucked in the hills.
You can find a seat for yourself within the restaurant or outside in a small lawn overlooking the valley and mountains.
Inside was all full with foreigners so we took seat in the lawn and placed the following order:

Spetzatino (Lamb)
Chicken,Tomato & Cheese Pizza.
Tiramisu for dessert.

Sorry couldn't take all the pics as I was extremely hungry after coming from Rohtang:grin:

I tried Spetzatino for the first time & found it to be just OK.
Perhaps its not meant to deliver what an Indian taste bud demands,so no offense to it.

Since I haven't tried a a lot of authentic continental food yet,so cannot really comment if this was the best one.
But I couldn't finish even half of it:(.

Secondly it was the Pizza turn,and I looked forward to it,being a big Pizza fan.

So as you can see,the Pizza looks yummy and truly Italian.
DSC_0754.jpg

Pizza base was fresh & it was quite a change from usual ones from Dominos & Pizzahut.

Though it was quite a surprise that Il Ferno doesn't give ketchup at all.
Infact they have written it on the menu "No ketchup served"
I wonder whats the reason.
So in absence of ketchup,I couldn't enjoy it to the max.

Finally came the Tiramisu,to which I would give a 10/10.
It was wonderfully done & the flavor of Coffee was just awesome.

So over all its a nice place but not good for experimentation as I did with Spetzatino;)

naren70

I, alongwith my wife and others happened to be there in 2009. Awesome pizzas and very very well blended coffee. Here are some snaps alongwith the properitor lady

Attachments

Last edited:

kamikaze

111 Horses in the Stable
Beautiful review of a wonderful place. I had just one meal there but I still remember it.

Was sitting outside, enjoying the view with Pizza and couple of beers. The owner was very friendly and she stopped my friends (friends I made while at my hotel) from smoking saying 'its injurious to your health'.

KurtRules

Come as you are!
The pizza I had here - chicken & mushroom, was the best pizza I had in my entire life, trust me! The base, quality of the toppings and the overall presentation was so excellent that me & my wife end up having 2 of those 12inchers despite the fact that we were not much hungry! INR 280 per pizza

Yummy! A definite go...