In search of Big cats in Sariska; My maiden trip to Sariska Tiger Reserve

raman mittal

Raman Mittal
We retired for the day 1 to wake up early to catch the booked safari.....but as usual being "late latifs" we are not able to wake up early and missed our safari seats....

Note:- People booking their safari jeeps online for Sariska should reach the Sariska entry gate before 7AM otherwise you may not get jeeps for safari and your reservation will stand cancel and you has to made fresh bookings at counter that too if any jeep/canter is available.

So we missed our original bookings and now there is no jeep available for booking and there is only one option that you need to book a canter and for canter you need 20 people or you pay for the whole canter and take it with you...We were cursing our luck, but suddenly two more group came and we made a big group to book for canter..:)...Finally we were allowed to enter the tiger reserve called Sariska......yiepeee...here we come the big cats (again hard luck)...But it was an awesome experience, being in a tiger's area that too with open canter and no security....:p

BTW the journey from Alwar till Sariska have some awesome views of hills, villages, water bodies etc....Though I had not taken any photo in morning, but taken while coming back...

lets start my photo journey in the reserve.....

Entry to Sariska Tiger reserve..

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

Pathway to reserve post entry through Sariska Gates...

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

Some sun shades...

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

Though we were not able to see any big cats, but there are other lot many birds and animals to treat our camera...here are few clicks of those...

A peacock..
IMG_0506.JPG

A peahen..Morni Wargi chaal..Punjabi can understand as lot of lyricist had used and using this term in lot of their songs..it is nothing less than catwalk, if not more than that..:)

IMG_0483.JPG

Few other residents of Sariska other than Big cat...

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

View attachment 661668

raman mittal

Raman Mittal
This is all from my side from this log...will come with my next Tlog on our journey to Shri Salsar Balaji, Khatu Shayam ji..which was a two day travelling with very few photos.....But before signing off this log, below are few pics that I had taken while we were returning back to Alwar-Delhi...

IMG_0547.JPG
IMG_0580.JPG
IMG_0565.JPG
IMG_0579.JPG
IMG_0573.JPG
IMG_0560.JPG
IMG_0566.JPG
IMG_0567.JPG
IMG_0571.JPG
IMG_0572.JPG

Thanks for reading this log, please feed in your comments..

msklilly

This is all from my side from this log...will come with my next Tlog on our journey to Shri Salsar Balaji, Khatu Shayam ji..which was a two day travelling with very few photos.....But before signing off this log, below are few pics that I had taken while we were returning back to Alwar-Delhi...

View attachment 661699 View attachment 661700 View attachment 661701 View attachment 661702 View attachment 661703 View attachment 661704 View attachment 661705 View attachment 661706 View attachment 661707 View attachment 661708
Thanks for reading this log, please feed in your comments..
Very nice Tlog Raman !!
I am planning a trip to Sariska in December and came across your Tlog. Can you please share some info regarding Sarika regarding:
- Safari Jeeps & Canters. Their charges. Per vehicle or Per person.
- Safari timings
- Different routes for Safai and which on is better/ best
- Can one take own vehicle inside ?
- Option of hotels other tan Tiger den and Sariska Palace
- Any offbeat hotels/ camps for stay available nearby

Any information or guidance/ pointers regarding above will be helpful. Thanks !
MSK

raman mittal

Raman Mittal
Very nice Tlog Raman !!
I am planning a trip to Sariska in December and came across your Tlog. Can you please share some info regarding Sarika regarding:
- Safari timings

Any information or guidance/ pointers regarding above will be helpful. Thanks !
MSK
Hello Msk,

Apologies for the delayed reply, I was not able to check my BCMT profile due to work pressure. below are answers to your queries:

You can book Safari Jeeps online and check the charges there only. But you suppose to reach at Sariska Gates on or before 6:30 AM in morning to avail the jeeps booked online. Otherwise your booking stands cancelled.
- Safari timings
7AM Onwards
Not sure, because canters and Jeeps take different routes. we missed our online booked jeep and hence to rebook canter with other folks there.
- No for Safari.
- We stayed at Alwar.
- No.

you can get in touch with Pushpendera Saini - 07065251724. He is a guide in Alwar and arrange thigs for you.