In Search of the Haunted Bungalow at Bonacaud, Trivandrum - Kerala

harikeshpk

distant view of factory

ruins..

star, sickle & hammer - symbol of the might to break down the walls & shackles. but often, it serves to close the windows to the world..

the distant engine sound of the road transport corp. bus breaks the sounds – that of the howling wind and waterfall down the valley. there seems to be a sense of rhythm in the way in which the bus climbs up the hill, shifting gears and the sudden stop before negotiating the hairpin bends. Then, for fleeting moments, one can hear the sound of the waterfall again, only to be broken by the sound of the engine once more..
very good pictures. the beauty of bonacaud is there is hardly any tourist there. still un exploited.

Scorpio1971

Maverick
Amazing! I have fallen in love with this place. Nothing can be better than this. Added to my places to be visited before I kick my bucket.:D

very good pictures. the beauty of bonacaud is there is hardly any tourist there. still un exploited.
Amazing! I have fallen in love with this place. Nothing can be better than this. Added to my places to be visited before I kick my bucket.:D
no, no, nooo.. I won't let you better my love for this place :twisted: as harikeshpk said, beauty of Bonacaud is its total anonymity. Initially, it was the beauty of the place which kept luring us. But now, as we came to understand the storied past and people, the present lure is just not limited to beauty, but the love for history and lives there

the trips did have fair share of lighter sides..sharing some

"If you don't get a tiger, you can beat up a cat and make it confess that he was the 'tiger' who attacked the humans" - goes and old saying about Kerala Police. Same here in the case of an ace photographer in our team who found a way to overcome his disappointment for not being able to click any wild-life in this particular trip. Close-up 'wild-life photography'??
wildlife photo.JPG

Sergeant giving us troops some tips for dealing with pachyderms if they show up. According to the expert, it is ideal to lie down calmly and say "chillax honey, we ain't here to peek into your room". Pachyderms are bound to understand this gesture and retreat - he said

chill (1).jpg

Sergeant demonstrating 'Plan B', in case the pachyderms are not in mood to listen to our reasoning
watchout.jpg

Well, he was not much interested in Sergeant's class and thought of being bit practical as we heard branches being snapped somewhere
run baby run.JPG

vinod (red shirt) - "come on buddy, it seems a nice weather, let's go for a walk and get some fresh mountain air"
they started walking...jpg

shyam - "should we go, didn't we see a dried up dung 2 corners back as we drove up here?"
vinod - "don't worry, its some tamed elephants which were brought to pull trees..trust me" and they walked on
and the walked on...JPG

and they got enough 'air' running back..it was just a 'tamed' domestic dog around the corner which caused this reaction
and they came.jpg

Last edited:

Ben alikannu

no, no, nooo.. I won't let you better my love for this place :twisted: as harikeshpk said, beauty of Bonacaud is its total anonymity. Initially, it was the beauty of the place which kept luring us. But now, as we came to understand the storied past and people, the present lure is just not limited to beauty, but the love for history and lives there

the trips did have fair share of lighter sides..sharing some

"If you don't get a tiger, you can beat up a cat and make it confess that he was the 'tiger' who attacked the humans" - goes and old saying about Kerala Police. Same here in the case of an ace photographer in our team who found a way to overcome his disappointment for not being able to click any wild-life in this particular trip. Close-up 'wild-life photography'??
View attachment 310583

Sergeant giving us troops some tips for dealing with pachyderms if they show up. According to the expert, it is ideal to lie down calmly and say "chillax honey, we ain't here to peek into your room". Pachyderms are bound to understand this gesture and retreat - he said

View attachment 310584

Sergeant demonstrating 'Plan B', in case the pachyderms are not in mood to listen to our reasoning
View attachment 310585

Well, he was not much interested in Sergeant's class and thought of being bit practical as we heard branches being snapped somewhere
View attachment 310586

vinod (red shirt) - "come on buddy, it seems a nice weather, let's go for a walk and get some fresh mountain air"
View attachment 310587

shyam - "should we go, didn't we see a dried up dung 2 corners back as we drove up here?"
vinod - "don't worry, its some tamed elephants which were brought to pull trees..trust me" and they walked on
View attachment 310588

and they got enough 'air' running back..it was just a 'tamed' domestic dog around the corner which caused this reaction
View attachment 310589
Has the forest department stopped giving trekking permits to bonacaud