In Search of Unknown, Gangolihat

adsatinder

explorer
Great 2nd Trip in Kumaon.................
Great Bus Riding.........................
Great Moves..........................
Great Places....................
Great Views..............
Great Pics...........

Hi YS

I am planning to visit patal bhuvneshwar & other near by places, next week with my family ,after going thru your travelogue I am tempted to go to gangolihat as well , have few queries , kindly help
1) Will be accompanied by my wife & two kids (aged 10& 7) , will be driving on my own , swift petrol , what will be the estimated time from Delhi to Gangolihat ? Suggest the route as well from kathgodam to gangolihat.
2) I will have total 5 days, out of which last 2 days I wish to spend in Nainital , while returning.
3) What are the other areas of interest in the region ?
4) We are looking to spend 3-4 days in the lap of nature leisuring around , no hectic schedule to be followed.
5) I have been to kosani & bageshwar in that region , earlier as well.

Your advise will be of great help in planning the trip.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
@adsatinder I didn't get stuck, because I didn't attempt going down.

@ashishgarg123 it would be best to Chaukori your base camp and spend at max 1 day in Nanital. This way you can easily cover Gangolihat, Patal Bhubaneswar, Bageshwar, Jageshwar, Almora and Munsiyari. You can even cover Dharchula if you're willing to make your schedule a bit hectic. On day 1 you can do Delhi to Almora and next day head to Chaukori and then take it from there.