Increase Bajaj Pulsar’s headlight intensity by 170%!

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
How often has it happened that you were riding at night and couldn’t see what was in front of you? Chances are, this has happened to you on more than one occasion, while one can attempt to increase headlight’s illumination by fitting an HID or by rewinding the coil plate. Most often than not, these solutions are rather expensive and in case of coil rewinding, unreliable.

But there is light at the end of tunnel and that too a bright one and it doesn’t costs an arm and a leg and is as reliable as the OEM setup.

The Solution

The solution lies in the parts bin of Bajaj; while the Pulsar family (barring 220) supports 35/35 headlight, Bajaj Avengers even though having the similar engine setup have 55/60W headlight setup. This means, Bajaj Avenger’s headlight is 170% more powerful than the stock Pulsar’s!

What is it about the Avenger that enables it to have a powerful headlight even though it employs the same engine?

The difference is in coil plates of the two bikes, while Avenger 180’s coil plate (part no. DV111005) is of similar size as the one in rest of the Pulsars, its coil is thicker and heavier than Pulsar’s which enables it to produce more current to support the 60W headlight setup.

The good news is, Pulsar 150, 180 and 200 owners can install Avenger 180’s coil plate (also referred to as stator plate) and increase their headlights power by 170%!

Installation

Installation is pretty straight forward and easy, though it is recommended that you get the installation done by a professional mechanic, you can do it yourself. All one needs to do is open the casing of the stator plate, located on the life hand side, right next to the front sprocket cover.

After opening the casing, detach the two connecting wires and use the screwdriver to unfasten the stock stator plate and fix Avenger’s stator plate.

After which you need to attach both connecting wires and casing back in the place and replace the stock halogen with the new 55/60w halogen and enjoy better lighting :).

Ps. Avenger 200’s stator plate is different from Avenger 180’s and Pulsars, so make sure you get the Avenger 180’s stator plate.

Special thanks to Arpan, Hitanshu, Salil, Venkat and Hydroxide and every one who participated in The Headlight thread.

torque

yogesh... can you give me the part number for this and also the approximate cost. I am gonna do it this weekend.
Also if you know any mechanic nearby... I dont want to go to BAS (Bajaj Authorized Service).

Last edited:

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Don't remember the part number, cost I think was Rs. 650 last year. As for mechanic, get it done from the guy that repairs my bike near metalforging red light. Yesterday when I spoke to him, he said he had the Avenger coil plate, will confirm with him in the evening and will let you know the cost.

hitanshu

Master of the OT Universe
DV 1110 05 is the part number. or is it RV. The spares guy at any BAL ASS will give it peacefully. call up a few now enough and then go na! :)

hitanshu

yaar, DV is what i took to the dewan bajaj guys. The actual was one letter different :D

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Just spoke to my mechanic, he is quoting a figure of around 500bucks and he can do the fitting for you as well. Let me know when you want to get it done or in case you want to speak to him directly, let me know and I will PM you his number.

torque

Will give you a call yogesh. I will visit him most probably during the weekend. Please PM me his number.

Last edited:

hitanshu

umm, my tuppence - pick it up only from an ASS unless the mech has it in the pristine condition. Make sure its the avenger one - its more thicker but at casual glance can be overlooked. And fitment is a five min job at MAX - something even you can do with over the phone instructions! :)

setuniket

One important question?? Do we use Avenger 200 or Avenger 180's coil for Pulsar 200 because afaik pulsar and avenger 200 have the same engine..

and obviously it will void the warranty