Increase Bajaj Pulsar’s headlight intensity by 170%!

hitanshu

Master of the OT Universe
It doesnt void the warranty:
a. Its fully compatible. Plug/play
b. The fricken mechanics have NO clue :D

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Avenger 200's coil is completely different from rest of the Pulsar family, even in 200 you would need to use Avenger 180's coil plate.

Like Hitanshu said, no impact on warranty. Simply because no one will know unless you tell them so!

As for the coil plate my mechanic has, he is saying that he got it from Dewan Auto. As far as spares goes, I usually trust him with them because he is working in a authorized bajaj service center and he knows not to get wrong ones.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Naresh I don’t think it would be possible, however you can get the coil rewinding done or get a 35 or 55w spot lamp, which can be connected to the battery.

arpan

the safest way to identify an avenger coil plate is the length of the wire coming out of the coilplate. it is longer then a stock dtsi coil plate.

darth_lucifer

Rides R Us
Thanks for the article Yogesh,could we have more articles on electrics starting with how to identify and fix blown up fuses.Would really helps novices whos electrics might go kaput in middle of nowhere.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
That one would be tough because I never had to deal with one till now and I mostly write what I have actually encountered in real life..

I guess I should arrange for a technical workshop so we can learn basic stuff and for those who cant attend, post articles on the net.

popsha

Incredible Bulk
Re: Increase Bajaj Pulsar’s headlight intensity by 170%!

Thanks for the article Yogesh,could we have more articles on electrics starting with how to identify and fix blown up fuses.Would really helps novices whos electrics might go kaput in middle of nowhere.
If you smoke you will never end up in smoke. Cigarette box lining paper is lined with aluminium.. just use a strip from it to short the fuse and carry on.

I love all the desi jugaads. The more time you spend on the road the more you can.

darth_lucifer

Rides R Us
^^@Eric:How to spot which one is blown out.The only fusebox I found was near the battery.Write a DIY for it plz.Just couple of lines would do.

Also write a review vee tyres you have fitted for your P220.Would really help P220/P200 get their next set since there arent much good options for 17 inch rims like Michellins for 18 inch rims.

Last edited:

popsha

Incredible Bulk
The fuses used on automobiles have a transparent plastic so if you hold it against the light you can spot whether the metal fuse inside them is intact or melted.

The Vee rubber review... well my bike has done 9000+ Kms so planning to write a 10000Kms report on the Pulsar 220 , will write a complete tyre review with that :)