Increase Bajaj Pulsar’s headlight intensity by 170%!

Sajjt

DIY Hard Core
Thanks sujit for clarifying. I was totally confused as the local mechanic could not provide any solution for this. Certainly i will take steps mentioned by you. I will buy a new 150 coil and rewind it as the stock one will be as backup with me. They will not take back the avy coil.
Any way thanks once again for response.
UG4 is using different ignition AFAIK, else, u could've rewind the Avy coil and use it. Ask them to give the new coil in lieu of the Avy coil.

You've to rewind the coils with a thicker gauge wire 19G or above with min 75 turns per pole in CW & ACW pattern on each pole. Lesser the turns lower the voltage on low rpms, so ask the electrician to put as much as turns on each pole in a neat & tight manner. Tell'm to rewind in stock manner so that it will be easy for him to understand.

bibhaskoley

Amazing Sajjt! Frm where u r getting so much techy knowledge? Anyway thnx for help. If any one from members need the avy coil i will sell. They r not agree to take it back.

U said earlier that little bit of modification is required to make in wiring, could u please provide me a wiring diagram along with ape rr. U can understand my situation as i am the first one most probably who is trying to do such mod in UG 4.5 and none of auto electrician is able to help me out.

One more thing, could u provide me the circut diagram of a rr so i can design it as per my need, APE service center is very hard to find in kolkata and the ape rr is not available even in the biggest market of auto spares.

Sajjt

DIY Hard Core
Amazing Sajjt! Frm where u r getting so much techy knowledge? Anyway thnx for help. If any one from members need the avy coil i will sell. They r not agree to take it back.

U said earlier that little bit of modification is required to make in wiring, could u please provide me a wiring diagram along with ape rr. U can understand my situation as i am the first one most probably who is trying to do such mod in UG 4.5 and none of auto electrician is able to help me out.

One more thing, could u provide me the circut diagram of a rr so i can design it as per my need, APE service center is very hard to find in kolkata and the ape rr is not available even in the biggest market of auto spares.
Remove ur stock RR and connect the input of the RR to the stator coil out and connect the ground and +ve out to the battery +ve. U R DONE.

This is the circuit for custom RR, try it out if u've time. It will cost u less than 100/ IIRC. But I would reccommend APE RR any day as its more reliable and sealed pack with good heat sink

crownpiyush

hi,
I own a Pulsar 150 (non digital) and i m having some problems with my headlight.

i was having dim light problem and light gets more dim on its own and than comes back to normal after sometime so my mechanic told me to change the regulator and after changing it there is a lil bit increase in the glow but still light gets dim own its own and espacially when i use dipper and sometimes high beam doesn't work.
so i thought may be its a coil problem and i found this awesome forum and get to know how to increase headlight. so i changed the coil to avenger 180 one (DV 111005) and phillips 60/55w bulb.now the headlight glow is very good but still it gets dim and comes back to normal own its own and sometimes high beam doesn't glow up.

so i request you all the experts to guide me how can i fix this.

hoping for your support

thanks in advance

Sajjt

DIY Hard Core
hi,
I own a Pulsar 150 (non digital) and i m having some problems with my headlight.

i was having dim light problem and light gets more dim on its own and than comes back to normal after sometime so my mechanic told me to change the regulator and after changing it there is a lil bit increase in the glow but still light gets dim own its own and espacially when i use dipper and sometimes high beam doesn't work.
so i thought may be its a coil problem and i found this awesome forum and get to know how to increase headlight. so i changed the coil to avenger 180 one (DV 111005) and phillips 60/55w bulb.now the headlight glow is very good but still it gets dim and comes back to normal own its own and sometimes high beam doesn't glow up.

so i request you all the experts to guide me how can i fix this.

hoping for your support

thanks in advance
Since u changed the RR, it seems everything Ok except some loose contact within the sockets. Check the sockets especially the coil out, RR, head light and the switch sockets within the HL dome. These will get dirty and clogged with dust and tends to corrode. Clean it with petrol and apply petroleum jelly all over the contacts before connecting it. Ask the mech to clean the HL switch on both sides with brake fluid, this will surely make a difference.

ashayana

Hi All

I own a Pulsar 150 DTSi 2004 model. I changed the stator plate to the avenger 180 type and installed Osram 55/60W halogen lamp, but I do not see much improvement over the earlier 35/35W bulb. I tried for a week, saw if there is any loose connection but none of these have yielded good results in terms of improvement of light.

What could I do, is there anything else which requires a change ? Does the normal Osram bulb provide only this much light ? What about the RR kit.. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks

crownpiyush

Since u changed the RR, it seems everything Ok except some loose contact within the sockets. Check the sockets especially the coil out, RR, head light and the switch sockets within the HL dome. These will get dirty and clogged with dust and tends to corrode. Clean it with petrol and apply petroleum jelly all over the contacts before connecting it. Ask the mech to clean the HL switch on both sides with brake fluid, this will surely make a difference.

thanks for giving me your precious time.

and i checked all the connectors and removed carbon from all the switches but still results are same.

Sajjt

DIY Hard Core
thanks for giving me your precious time.

and i checked all the connectors and removed carbon from all the switches but still results are same.
Are u sure about all the contact points and connectors?

If then, Set the idle speed to 4K rpm by adjusting the idle screw (the screw with the spring) Make a test lamp with a 12V 35W HL bulb and connect any of the beam points with a pair of wires and connect one of the wire to any bolt which is on the chassis of the bike to get the ground and connect the other wire to the yellow wire (IIRC) from the RR socket (lighting supply) without disconnecting the RR and start the bike and see the brightness. Check the voltages on both yellow wires before doing this to identify the RR out wire else u may blow the test lamp in no time. Regulated wire will be supplying constant 13-13.5V whereas on the other yellow wire will be around 70-90V. If the bulb glows to its full brightness this time without any issues, there's a loose contact some where in the wire loom, connector pins, HL switch etc.

Check one by one:

Repeat the above test at the yellow wire (source point) on the RH side HL main switch, if its fine;

Open the LH side HL switch and test it on the yellow wire coming from the main switch,

Next trace the wire at the Hi/low switch common point,

repeat the test till u find the cause to the bulb.

If the above test failed at the RR out, Check the AC voltage from the yellow/red striped wire (IIRC) from the stator coil without disconnecting by the help of a DMM probes, (U can check this at the stock RR end also) if the voltage varies irregularly on constant rpm, the problem is within the coil side. U need to open the stator cover and check for any dry solder/wire cuts from the light coils etc.