Increase Bajaj Pulsar’s headlight intensity by 170%!

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I don’t think so, since coil setup would be different, even though the size is quite similar. You can however get a spot lamp fitted, that way you will get additional 35 or 55w and that too without tinkering with the wiring or coil, since it can be directly connected to the battery.

Ps. If you decide to do that, don’t forget to remove it each time you take her to service station, else you will end up with a void warranty.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
It is true for 75% of the Pulsar models available in the market and in case of those on road, I would say for the vast majority :D.

Now lets stick to the topic!

Rossiter

On the edge of cohesion
Just a note of caution:

I installed the Avenger 180's coil on my P180 two weeks ago, and found that the one of the connectors (the neutral light/the green wire), had a flat type plastic connector on the new coil, and my bike's connector had a round type metal connector. I had to cut open the flat connector and crimp the metal connectors together with a cutting plier. It worked fine for about 50 kms into a tour, but I guess a loose connection developed, and the neutral light is permanently on in any gear now :D

Probably need to splice it and connect the wires directly.

Rossiter

On the edge of cohesion
Yeah.. I guess the connector was changed pretty recently. I did the work myself after looking at the pics here (thanks to nfsnfs for giving me the link!) and figured out that it must have changed sometime now.

manik058

b/w have thought and tried to understand the wiring diag. of our bikes and it seems that rather then installing a new coil we could just get the headlight d/c and the spare 20w+ going into battery can be used to compensate for the headlight and will also improve low rpm brightness.

Rossiter

On the edge of cohesion
Yogesh, I noted the part number from here and got the part from Khivraj..I specifically asked for the 180 coil.

Does the 200 coil come with such a connector?