Increase Bajaj Pulsar’s headlight intensity by 170%!

karthiksharma

I have HH ZMR PGM-Fi .... it has 35/35w headlamp nd i am not satisfied with its lighting ... can i replace it with 55/60w headlamps which are used by pulsars/avengers ??

NO17

Hi All

I own a Pulsar 150 DTSi 2004 model. I changed the stator plate to the avenger 180 type and installed Osram 55/60W halogen lamp, but I do not see much improvement over the earlier 35/35W bulb. I tried for a week, saw if there is any loose connection but none of these have yielded good results in terms of improvement of light.

What could I do, is there anything else which requires a change ? Does the normal Osram bulb provide only this much light ? What about the RR kit.. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks
If yours is a Kick start version then please go through this and you will understand:

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/articles-f20/increase-bajaj-pulsar-s-headlight-intensity-170-a-t3671-26/#post451254

Thanks

EvilOverlord

Sorry, for bumping the thread,
Could anyone let me know the nearest mechanic/shop where I can get this fitted?
I'm in Dwarka, New Delhi.
or PM the number??

EvilOverlord

Sorry for bumping the thread

My Pulsar 180 Black (2006 Edition)
suddenly started switching off while riding (no matter how high the revv)
wouldn't start, start, run for a short while, then switch off & started backfiring...
Also it would produce a 'khich' sound from the engine.
My mechanic finally narrowed it down & said the coil assembly is not being earthed properly & tied a wire from a bolt onthe coil plate to the plug in the main bike circuit, as a temporary jugaad till I replaced the coil.

So finally decided to go in for this mod.

Got the sealed Avenger 180 Coil for 544(MRP) from a shop in Fatehnagar, although I had to wait for a week since he was out of stock & had ordered for a new one (not sure, if promoting shops is allowed)
All the shops sell the local Varroc Pulsar UG-3 coil for Rs. 450 as the one to be fitted in Avenger.

Got the new Pulsar headlamp Reflector assemblyfor Rs650 from fatehnagar (Since my stock one had its plastic yellowed kind of, & the reflector had lost its original shine/sheen & the plastic had a LOT of scratches!)

Got Halonix H4 55/60W for Rs 70 from Fatehnagar.

Got charged 100 for installing the Coil.
80 for replacing the Head lamp assembly.

Bottom Line:! COMPLETELY worth it! Its like driving a car! the amount of light!
Bike is running smooooth.
My headlight equals that of cars that I stop next to!
I've experienced NO side-effects (Disclaimer: I had my bikes entire wiring changed a month or so back cos of a short -circuit so maybe thats a factor)

Kudos to Yogesh!! Joined bcmtouring just for this Mod & was Delighted!

srikrishna

Dear All,

I have Pulsar -150 (Nov 2007).A month back I got the information from this site about the Headlight brightness increasing technique by changing the Bulb to 55/60W and replacing the stater coil assembly with Avenger 180(old model).

I purchased new stater coil assembly from JC Road - Bangalore for Rs 500/-, I had the spare helogin bulb(55/60W) of our car. with the help of local mechanistic replaced the stator coil set with the avenger coil(DV111005) & bulb.paid him Rs 100/-

Now the brightness is Great !!!! :)

Thanks a lot for sharing the information :) :)

I have one concern.. My dad using Bajaj XCD 125 (Feb 2008 model). We feel brightness is very less on that. I want to upgrade that too for 55/60W. but It is DC headlight. please let me know how i can upgrade this? what are the changes need to be done on the circuit/ coil etc.
Please help me...

Thanks & Regards,
Srikrishna

Sajjt

DIY Hard Core
Dear All,

I have Pulsar -150 (Nov 2007).A month back I got the information from this site about the Headlight brightness increasing technique by changing the Bulb to 55/60W and replacing the stater coil assembly with Avenger 180(old model).

I purchased new stater coil assembly from JC Road - Bangalore for Rs 500/-, I had the spare helogin bulb(55/60W) of our car. with the help of local mechanistic replaced the stator coil set with the avenger coil(DV111005) & bulb.paid him Rs 100/-

I have one concern.. My dad using Bajaj XCD 125 (Feb 2008 model). We feel brightness is very less on that. I want to upgrade that too for 55/60W. but It is DC headlight. please let me know how i can upgrade this? what are the changes need to be done on the circuit/ coil etc.
Please help me...

Thanks & Regards,
Srikrishna

U need to upgrade the RR + coil rewinding with thicker guage elements, there's no P&P mod for this.

I am running Passion.

following are the modications i would like to make. but is it possible

Sajjit thank you for ur reply ( I had sent u p message may from 2-3 m ur are not on this thread)

Could you please give in detail?
1. will avenger 180 suits my passion.
2.I would like to go for a UPS 9Ah battery like Sarkar ( Admin),
3.I already bought HID Single beam ( 8000K) of 1 y warranty. this one already used on 2.5 Ah battery but gave lighting only for 20 min if it charged to its peak. now I want to make some mod.

4. What RR I have to get.
5. What wiring mod I have to do? ( is passion dc or ac or ac+dc) & How ?
6.And I have Remote key also.

Please Sajjit Brother ! Suggest me about this.

mwaaaaah

Bajaj avanger cdi

Hello guys Iam looking for an original Bajaj avenger CDI part number reads DV-11-1014 but after googling the part No. I get is DV-1110-01 CDI.I have criss crossed all over the net for it and here in kenya it's unavailable.Any help in getting it will really be appreciated reachable on +254722216550 [email protected]

saurav

Dear All,

Please help me...

Thanks & Regards,
Srikrishna
Hi Srikrishna,

Please let me know from which store did u buy the new stater coil assembly. Please guide me with the location of the store if possible.

Thanks