Increase Bajaj Pulsar’s headlight intensity by 170%!

saurav

Yesterday i changed my 2007 Pulsar 150 dtsi' stator coil set with avenger one also changed the bulb to 60/55 w and the results are amazing. Its just like for a long time i was driving without light. The cost of stator coil set was Rs 474. Just want to Thank " Srikrishna " for all the help. He guided me to the exact place in Jc Road and provided me with necessary guidance. The only slight cons i found is delay in switching between High & low beam. But that is something we can stay with.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Just FYI:

I ended up burning one of my wire by running a 55/60 Watt Headlamp + 55/60W Spot lamp through the same set of wire. That made the 120W (@ 12 Volt) go through single wire.

so, now using a separate set of wires for the Spot lamp, things are good so far.

pulsar150gundu

hi i am new to this,,

i own pulsar 150dtsi 2008 model
i am interested to do this mod on my bike,,
i am from banglore pls can u guide me where exactly in jc road can i hav this mo one
n pls tel me if there is any siide effect wit this mod (ex: wiring burnt due to excess of currect flow after this mo or any other prob...

pls mention cost for this mod

waiting for ur reply:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks in advance
Raghu:D

Dear All,

I have Pulsar -150 (Nov 2007).A month back I got the information from this site about the Headlight brightness increasing technique by changing the Bulb to 55/60W and replacing the stater coil assembly with Avenger 180(old model).

I purchased new stater coil assembly from JC Road - Bangalore for Rs 500/-, I had the spare helogin bulb(55/60W) of our car. with the help of local mechanistic replaced the stator coil set with the avenger coil(DV111005) & bulb.paid him Rs 100/-

Now the brightness is Great !!!! :)

Thanks a lot for sharing the information :) :)

I have one concern.. My dad using Bajaj XCD 125 (Feb 2008 model). We feel brightness is very less on that. I want to upgrade that too for 55/60W. but It is DC headlight. please let me know how i can upgrade this? what are the changes need to be done on the circuit/ coil etc.
Please help me...

Thanks & Regards,
Srikrishna

EvilOverlord

Just FYI:

I ended up burning one of my wire by running a 55/60 Watt Headlamp + 55/60W Spot lamp through the same set of wire. That made the 120W (@ 12 Volt) go through single wire.

so, now using a separate set of wires for the Spot lamp, things are good so far.

Could you help me with the spot lamp setup? I'm planning to do the same on my Pulsar 180.
The only Electrical modifications on my bike so far are,
a) Upgraded stator plate to Avengers (as mentioned in first post)
b) Changed complete bike wiring (cos I shortedit once accidentally)
c) Changed battery to an Exide (can't remember the model-It is the one with the 24months warranty, not the 48 months one)
c) Changed stock horn to a more powerful one.
d) Changed headlamp to Halonix 55/60W
e) Changed tail lamp to Swiss 21/5W

The two upgrades I'm planning are
a) One of those switch thingies to blink/keep on all Indicators
b) SpotLamps (Either side or on one side - depending on the configuration & how much electrical load the bike can take)

1) Is Installing a spot lamp wirth it?
2) How good/wide/strong is the lamp spread?
3) Where do you aim the spot lamp focus? (since I assume it can't go further than the main headlight)
4) Is the spot lamp direction (aim) adjustable? or its permanently fixed in one place?
5) How did you connect your spot lamp?
6) To the Battery? or from the main electrical wire?
7) Does it switch on/off with the headlight switch? or its switch is separate?
8) Do spot lamps have highbeam/low beam option? (or will the bulb always be on one setting? & if so, which? 55W? or 60W?)
9) How much did it cost you to install a spotlamp?
10) Any recommended brands/dealers for it?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
My suggestion would be to avoid using a spot lamp, unless you are getting a low powered LED one. Because with a more powerful headlight and horn, electrical system would already be under stress and last thing that you want to do is to overload it with a spot lamp.

EvilOverlord

My suggestion would be to avoid using a spot lamp, unless you are getting a low powered LED one. Because with a more powerful headlight and horn, electrical system would already be under stress and last thing that you want to do is to overload it with a spot lamp.
Won't go for the spot lamp then

I just found the images I took after upgrading my tail lamp (after I upgraded the stator plate) - Uploaded here - Zippyshare.com - Tail Lamp.rar - if anyone wants to check

Pics taken without the Red Tail Glass cover On my 2006 Pulsar 180 and with brake pressed.

Old - Stock 10/5 W Bulb
New - Swiss 21/5 W Bulb (& cleaned the Reflector)

No difference noticed in any bike electrical/running when tested in idle or revv. Like dimming/flickering etc, other than usual dimming in idle. (Jabki head lamp is also upgraded from stock 35/35W to a 55/50W Halogen)
Essentially changed stop light bulb cos noticed ki cars driving at high speeds can't notice bike tail lights very well on poorly lit highways/roads.

- - - Updated - - -

Won't go for the spot lamp then

I just found the images I took after upgrading my tail lamp (after I upgraded the stator plate) - Uploaded here - http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/90548662/file.html - if anyone wants to check

Pics taken without the Red Tail Glass cover On my 2006 Pulsar 180 and with brake pressed.

Old - Stock 10/5 W Bulb
New - Swiss 21/5 W Bulb (& cleaned the Reflector)

No difference noticed in any bike electrical/running when tested in idle or revv. Like dimming/flickering etc, other than usual dimming in idle. (Jabki head lamp is also upgraded from stock 35/35W to a 55/50W Halogen)
Essentially changed stop light bulb cos noticed ki cars driving at high speeds can't notice bike tail lights very well on poorly lit highways/roads.

vivek.pandey

Hi,

Any guys from Bangalore who has done the rewinding of the coil for Pulsar 150 UG3(JAN 2008) and change in APE RR, as I want to go for that and from where else I can get it done, as I discussed with Ruby Electricals, they are asking 750 for rewinding and 350 for fixing and setting up the APE RR.

Also this Ruby Guy is asking Rs 800 for UG2 Switches for the lights.

I am not sure and not convinced with their pricing.

Any other place where I can get these things done apart from Ruby in Bangalore.

Thanks in Advance.
Vivek

Abhi.86

How often has it happened that you were riding at night and couldn’t see what was in front of you? Chances are, this has happened to you on more than one occasion, while one can attempt to increase headlight’s illumination by fitting an HID or by rewinding the coil plate. Most often than not, these solutions are rather expensive and in case of coil rewinding, unreliable.

Hey whts upp!!!
I have a pulsar 200 (2008 model), recently i gave my bike for servicing and to replace the entire front headlight assembly (stupid accident) to Sai Service Amboli.. After i got my bike serviced and everything i took my bike to my local mechanic to replace my stock coil plate to avenger 180 coil plate DV 111005.. but after replacing it the bike would'nt start at all, so the machanic thought the coil was a faulty one.. so then we decided to put back the stock coil plate, but to my horror the bike did not start.

The mechanic figured that there was no current coming from the coil to the spark plug so he tried to fix every loose end of the bike from the replacing the spark plug to cross checking every wire ( had to leave my bike overnight wit him) so finally he figured that the CDI was at fault but then i had given my bike for servicing so there should not be any problem with any component of the bike. so then i called up the service center dude and he came and he replaced the CDI after which the bike started :grin:.. but he told me to charge my battery since it was completely drained in reviving the bike all night.. so then when i got the battery charged after couple of hours, the bike dint start again:shock:.. so i told the mechanin to start it in 2nd gear after pushing it, which it worked n my bike started again bt my mechanic told me to give it for servicing again since THE BIKE WASNT GETTING ENOUGH CURRENT TO START.. i rode the bike a few km bt after i halt it for a few minutes it gave the same problem,the bike refuse to start again.. That night i had to push the bike back to my friends place n leave it there overnight.

So the next day the bajaj service dude came and started the bike in gear by pushing it and he took it to the service station amboli.. so after 2day, fractically calling him, the service advisor and also the station manager, i have'nt yet got a clear answer from any one simply because they are not able to find the problem in the first place:shock:!!!

If any 1 of u have experience any such problem after replacing the coil plate, then please advice as i feel im in deep shit!!!