Increase Bajaj Pulsar’s headlight intensity by 170%!

inimaitimepass

Hi Friends,
After 3 years gap, I started using my bike as my mainline transportation which includes very frequent night time highway riding. So I'm in dire need of better light illumination. Previously I tried to change to the Avenger coil plate, but those plans didn't worked out for some reason. Now I'm desperate to make this mod, but coil plate is not available in my city. I even tried with some of my friends in Chennai but couldn't source one.
Can anybody here, help me buying the avenger coil plate? I'll bear all the costs.

padmu_123

Hi Friends,
After 3 years gap, I started using my bike as my mainline transportation which includes very frequent night time highway riding. So I'm in dire need of better light illumination. Previously I tried to change to the Avenger coil plate, but those plans didn't worked out for some reason. Now I'm desperate to make this mod, but coil plate is not available in my city. I even tried with some of my friends in Chennai but couldn't source one.
Can anybody here, help me buying the avenger coil plate? I'll bear all the costs.
From which city u r ?

inimaitimepass

I lost the hope of finding the Avenger 180 coil plate.
Does coil plates of new avenger220/200ns/p220 will suit for UG3 bikes? considering the new bikes are of DC setup unlike the older counterparts?

abhigoogle

abhigoogle
I lost the hope of finding the Avenger 180 coil plate.
Does coil plates of new avenger220/200ns/p220 will suit for UG3 bikes? considering the new bikes are of DC setup unlike the older counterparts?
I found avenger 180 coil plate at Dharam Spares (Bajaj authorized) on MTV Road in Bangalore. After installing this on my P 150 UG3 and a Osram H4 NightBreaker Bulb brightness has increased but not tremendously compared to my earlier stock bulb. I think the APE RR is mandatory to help pass that extra current to optimally glow the 60/55W. Any advice here is appreciated.

Ajay Ketkar

Hello Everyone....
I own a Bajaj Pulsar 180 UG4 2010 Model. And like most of all I am also not satisfied with the light intensity while highway driving. So after reading and searching a lot on different forums I decided and changed my stock 35/35 HS1 bulb with a avenger 180 60/55 H4 bulb. Prima-fascia I haven't noticed any increased light intensity. Also my battery low indicator sumtime pops up. Can anybody suggest me a good quality headlamp? By next week I am going to try my Maruti Alto H4 spare headlamp.

hi i am new to this,,

i own pulsar 150dtsi 2008 model
i am interested to do this mod on my bike,,
i am from banglore pls can u guide me where exactly in jc road can i hav this mo one
n pls tel me if there is any siide effect wit this mod (ex: wiring burnt due to excess of currect flow after this mo or any other prob...

pls mention cost for this mod

waiting for ur reply:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks in advance
Raghu:D
Yesterday i changed my 2007 Pulsar 150 dtsi' stator coil set with avenger one also changed the bulb to 60/55 w and the results are amazing. Its just like for a long time i was driving without light. The cost of stator coil set was Rs 474. Just want to Thank " Srikrishna " for all the help. He guided me to the exact place in Jc Road and provided me with necessary guidance. The only slight cons i found is delay in switching between High & low beam. But that is something we can stay with.

Hi Guys...

I have seen your post.. can u please help me how i can get it done at JC road .. I m new in Bangalore...I have pulsar150 (2008) with same light issue. if possible share that place details or so...

Waiting for you reply guys..

Regards
manish (8971374747)

RAHUL MALANI

Hello Yogesh, Other Experts,

This is my first post in BCMTouring.

I have a Pulsar 150 (2007 make) and am planning to upgrade the headlight, as its getting more and more difficult to ride at night when its raining.
As mentioned in your post, still the Avenger 180 Coil + 55/60 w bulb is the best option?
One more question, since my wiring is almost 9 years old, should I also get the entire wiring replaced too with this?

Please suggest as I want to do this ASAP.

-RM

Hello friends,
My Bike is pulsar 150, 2013 model (UG 4.5 ) 12v full DC
can i replace the stock stator to Avenger coil 180 (DV 111005)
is it possible ,if changeable means ,is it need to changes any wiring to handle 55watts power,
will it affect in my bike mileage
friends if Avenger coil not compatible means plz suggest me a solution since im disappointed with headlight

Also i want to know how to run 60watts headlight with 15watts x 2 LED spot lights

thanks in advance

coolvaibh2010

Hibernated
Hello friends,
My Bike is pulsar 150, 2013 model (UG 4.5 ) 12v full DC
can i replace the stock stator to Avenger coil 180 (DV 111005)
is it possible ,if changeable means ,is it need to changes any wiring to handle 55watts power,
will it affect in my bike mileage
friends if Avenger coil not compatible means plz suggest me a solution since im disappointed with headlight

Also i want to know how to run 60watts headlight with 15watts x 2 LED spot lights

thanks in advance

No friend......This DV111005 won't at all fit your Pulsar if it's a full DC model. I am saying this because me too have a Pulsar 150 DTSi UG4 2010 model which is full DC and me too ordered this Avenger 180 coil plate. But it turned out to be AC as well as DC coil plate which is suitable for Avenger 180 as well as Pulsar models which were not full DC. My pulsar have charging-only coil (as other full DC models) and hence this AC-DC combined coil plate of Avenger 180 won't be able to fit in our bike. It can fit but the wiring terminals and sockets are much too different!!!! I got this Avenger 180 coil plate for Rs.559 and its now lying in my home without any use because Bajaj dealer won't accept the returns!!!! The moderator must have updated somewhere in this thread about this issue though!!!!