Increase Bajaj Pulsar’s headlight intensity by 170%!

coolvaibh2010

Hibernated
I lost the hope of finding the Avenger 180 coil plate.
Does coil plates of new avenger220/200ns/p220 will suit for UG3 bikes? considering the new bikes are of DC setup unlike the older counterparts?
I have this Avenger 180 coil plate which is of no use to me now, its totally unused and unaltered!!! I bought it for my bike but its not suitable for it. So only the pack is opened, rest everything is ok. If you or someone else want to buy it from me then kindly reply here or PM me.

Thank You.

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Yogesh Sarkar,
I am new here and I have read most of your postings. I have owned Pulsar 180, 2015 after selling my RE Classic 350. Just I am interested to know about the head lamp modification to 55/60 W (with Avenger 180 coil) still reliable with new model or if you have any new formula as my bike is full DC. Thank you.

DIABLO

Hey! YOGESH i have a P220 with 18+18 fog Lamps Recently I've been Facing Problems With My Horn It Goes Low When Honked when headlights and Fogs on It Goes Dim! And what's the Specs for avenger 220 stator plate? Plz Do Tell me or shall I Change The stator plate

Sijith

How often has it happened that you were riding at night and couldn’t see what was in front of you? Chances are, this has happened to you on more than one occasion, while one can attempt to increase headlight’s illumination by fitting an HID or by rewinding the coil plate. Most often than not, these solutions are rather expensive and in case of coil rewinding, unreliable.

But there is light at the end of tunnel and that too a bright one and it doesn’t costs an arm and a leg and is as reliable as the OEM setup.

The Solution

The solution lies in the parts bin of Bajaj; while the Pulsar family (barring 220) supports 35/35 headlight, Bajaj Avengers even though having the similar engine setup have 55/60W headlight setup. This means, Bajaj Avenger’s headlight is 170% more powerful than the stock Pulsar’s!

What is it about the Avenger that enables it to have a powerful headlight even though it employs the same engine?

The difference is in coil plates of the two bikes, while Avenger 180’s coil plate (part no. DV111005) is of similar size as the one in rest of the Pulsars, its coil is thicker and heavier than Pulsar’s which enables it to produce more current to support the 60W headlight setup.

The good news is, Pulsar 150, 180 and 200 owners can install Avenger 180’s coil plate (also referred to as stator plate) and increase their headlights power by 170%!

Installation

Installation is pretty straight forward and easy, though it is recommended that you get the installation done by a professional mechanic, you can do it yourself. All one needs to do is open the casing of the stator plate, located on the life hand side, right next to the front sprocket cover.

After opening the casing, detach the two connecting wires and use the screwdriver to unfasten the stock stator plate and fix Avenger’s stator plate.

After which you need to attach both connecting wires and casing back in the place and replace the stock halogen with the new 55/60w halogen and enjoy better lighting :).

Ps. Avenger 200’s stator plate is different from Avenger 180’s and Pulsars, so make sure you get the Avenger 180’s stator plate.

Special thanks to Arpan, Hitanshu, Salil, Venkat and Hydroxide and every one who participated in The Headlight thread.

I own a Pulsar 150 Dtsi 2007 Model (Digital meter,Tail lamp)
1. Did we want to change the wiring of headlight?
2. What about the pilot lamp? changes? power of pilot lamp we want to change?
3. Did i want to change rectifier,regulator anything? or just plug/play????
4. Is there any problem by changing the stator for my 2007 model pulsar?

Please reply as far as possible......

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Dear Mr. Yogesh Sarkar,
I am new here and I have read most of your postings. I have owned Pulsar 180, 2015 after selling my RE Classic 350. Just I am interested to know about the head lamp modification to 55/60 W (with Avenger 180 coil) still reliable with new model or if you have any new formula as my bike is full DC. Thank you.
Avenger coil plate would not work for you, get HID instead.

Hey! YOGESH i have a P220 with 18+18 fog Lamps Recently I've been Facing Problems With My Horn It Goes Low When Honked when headlights and Fogs on It Goes Dim! And what's the Specs for avenger 220 stator plate? Plz Do Tell me or shall I Change The stator plate
It won't work in your case, adding 36watt fog lamps in addition to headlight is too much. better opt for an HID instead or low power LED fog lamps.

I own a Pulsar 150 Dtsi 2007 Model (Digital meter,Tail lamp)
1. Did we want to change the wiring of headlight?
2. What about the pilot lamp? changes? power of pilot lamp we want to change?
3. Did i want to change rectifier,regulator anything? or just plug/play????
4. Is there any problem by changing the stator for my 2007 model pulsar?

Please reply as far as possible......
You don't need to change anything apart from coil plate, provided it is still available in the market.

Sangeeth S Kumar

How often has it happened that you were riding at night and couldn’t see what was in front of you? Chances are, this has happened to you on more than one occasion, while one can attempt to increase headlight’s illumination by fitting an HID or by rewinding the coil plate. Most often than not, these solutions are rather expensive and in case of coil rewinding, unreliable.

But there is light at the end of tunnel and that too a bright one and it doesn’t costs an arm and a leg and is as reliable as the OEM setup.

The Solution

The solution lies in the parts bin of Bajaj; while the Pulsar family (barring 220) supports 35/35 headlight, Bajaj Avengers even though having the similar engine setup have 55/60W headlight setup. This means, Bajaj Avenger’s headlight is 170% more powerful than the stock Pulsar’s!

What is it about the Avenger that enables it to have a powerful headlight even though it employs the same engine?

The difference is in coil plates of the two bikes, while Avenger 180’s coil plate (part no. DV111005) is of similar size as the one in rest of the Pulsars, its coil is thicker and heavier than Pulsar’s which enables it to produce more current to support the 60W headlight setup.

The good news is, Pulsar 150, 180 and 200 owners can install Avenger 180’s coil plate (also referred to as stator plate) and increase their headlights power by 170%!

Installation

Installation is pretty straight forward and easy, though it is recommended that you get the installation done by a professional mechanic, you can do it yourself. All one needs to do is open the casing of the stator plate, located on the life hand side, right next to the front sprocket cover.

After opening the casing, detach the two connecting wires and use the screwdriver to unfasten the stock stator plate and fix Avenger’s stator plate.

After which you need to attach both connecting wires and casing back in the place and replace the stock halogen with the new 55/60w halogen and enjoy better lighting :).

Ps. Avenger 200’s stator plate is different from Avenger 180’s and Pulsars, so make sure you get the Avenger 180’s stator plate.

Special thanks to Arpan, Hitanshu, Salil, Venkat and Hydroxide and every one who participated in The Headlight thread.

Hi.. I just came to this community just today. I own Pulsar 180UG4 which had clocked 75000KM today. I needed to upgrade my headlight of 180 from 35W to 55/60W.. as all P180 ians knew the 35W is not good. I saw in the post that replacing the stator plate of P180 with that of avenger. I ned to know more about this. I am not sure about or i didnt find any link to start a new thread. so please help me. Also am from Kerala.

Vivek vix

Hai..
I bought avenger 180 stator plate yesterday.. it cost me 600 part no DV1111005.. and my bike is pulsar 150..
I went to mechanic and he told that the sockets of avenger stator plate do not match with pulsar stator plate socket...
What to do.. plss help...

Screenshot_2016-11-20-09-20-13.png

jyotiranjan86

hii..I have pulser 150 dtsi 2010 model.Last night buy coil plate dv111005.But its socket wiring different from my socket.Coloure wired is different.Adventure coil wire out 6pin where my pulser coil out wire 5 pi.Please help me how can upgrade mu coil for install 55/60 w bulb.

bharat bapodara

Hii... i rewind my pulsar 180 (2014) stator coil with 18G wire... when i check the output voltage,its 155 v ac at 8000 rpm...

So the question is will rr unit handle 155 v ac or it will burn out.?

Shall i replace rr unit in order to use 60 w lamp with this modified rr unit..?

Aks_War

Hello Everyone,
Mine is a pulsar 180dtsi (2003 model).
I would like to try out this headlight modification on my bike, as now its light brightness has reduced so much that I find it very difficult to ride it even in the well lit areas of the city (Gurgaon).
Is it possible that this modification can be done on my bike?
If yes, what all will I need to change? Please tell me as if you are telling a layman because I don't have any technical knowledge about the internals of my bike..!!
So if you use any technical language then I might not be able to understand it.
In all these years for any and every problem I've taken my bike to the bajaj showroom and got it repaired through the company's technicians.
Now they are telling me that there is no way to increase my headlight brightness except for a HID kit, but I don't want to spend for a HID kit on such an old bike..!!
I just want to increase the headlight brightness with minimum expense.
What do you guys suggest I should do to increase the headlight brightness while keeping the expense down to the minimum possible??
Thank you in advance for your suggestions