India –An old civilisation – evolving country

mknroad

Day 06 - Junagadh – Porbandar – Dwarka – Jamnagar Start - 8.00 am Stop - 7 pm KMs covered - 320
This was another relaxing day. We started from Junagadh in the morning. The roads in Gujarat is very good and there is hardly any traffic in this region. We had a great time. This is the only day I hardly drove as my daughter had taken the duty. We covered another of the tirtha sthal for indus - Dwarka. Once again cameras are not allowed. This is a great location where you can watch the sear right from the temple. Also, there is a very good hotel some 6-7 KMs before Dwarka temple called Govardhandham. Watch me having lunch there.
DSCN0097.jpg

Last edited:

mknroad

From Dwarka we started for Jamnagar. Good roads, hardly any traffic and open spaces all around, what fun. Really had a good day. We had read about Reliance having the greatest departmental store in Jamnagar. Guess what it is 30 KMs before Jamnagar if you are driving up from Dwarka. The moment my daughter realized we are crossing the biggest departmental store of India she applied all force to stop the car right in the middle of the road. Guess what would have happened if that was a busy city. Thank God it was not.
DSCN0110.jpg

Last edited:

mknroad

Boy, it has everything from daily needs, furniture, restaurant, movie theatre and above all some games. Watch my cricketing skills
DSCN0108.jpg

Last edited:

mknroad

Had lots of fun at Reliance then started for Jamnagar after stocking water bottles for the trip. Entering Jamnagar
DSCN0114.jpg

Last edited:

mknroad

We had booked Kalatit International. This is a nice hotel right in the middle of the city. Surprisingly the food in their restaurant was quite tasty. We had good meal and retired to start another long trip next day.
Day 07 - Jamnagar - Dholavira - Bhuj - Devpur Start - 7 am Stop - 9 pm KMs covered - 580

This was another day for our history lesson and going to the old old era. One of the rare sites in Indian history is Dholavira. This is 500 years old history and we could not have missed it. On the way to Dholavira you can watch cranes and flamingos. I tried to catch the cranes flying in groups but could not. A lot of professional photographers were waiting for those perfect shots there. Here is what I could capture

DSCN0119.jpg

Last edited: