India –An old civilisation – evolving country

mknroad

Next day, we started from Gujarat. We had such a wonderful time across different cities in Gujarat. As we started back we came to the border of Gujarat and Rajasthan. The moment you step into Rajasthan, there are shops full of non-veg and drinks, what a change. We stopped for lunch and started to go up as we wanted to see Mount Abu before sunset.
Mount Abu - words can't describe and pictures are not allowed inside the temple. So, you have to believe in whatever I write unless you visit. It is such an exquisite piece of work on marble. I had read about it in std IV. Since then this was somewhere in my mind to see one day. It is said that the artists who made this temple were paid in gold worth the dust coming out of the stones. By the way, you have to enjoy the ghat ride to reach the top to go to the temple. Unless you are inside the temple, you can't see its beauty leave alone from the highway down below. Sorry no pictures of temple but one way some breathtaking views.

DSCN0441.JPG

DSCN0442.JPG

DSCN0443.JPG

mknroad

We came down the ghat and right at the foot of the mountains is Brahma kumaris centre. Right there we stayed in hotel Shiv Shakti, it was very new and made of marble.
Next day we started for our next stop Jaipur. The roads were awesome and we covered the distance very quickly. In fact we reached Jaipur in the afternoon. Some pictures

DSCN0450.JPG

DSCN0452.JPG

DSCN0454.JPG

mknroad

That day we went to Om revolving restaurant in Jaipur and had lassi in earthen pots. What a taste. We visited Technology park in Jaipur which is full of scientific instruments for young minds. My family thoroughly enjoyed this visit. Some pictures

DSCN0470.JPG

DSCN0478.JPG

DSCN0479.JPG

DSCN0480.JPG

DSCN0481.JPG

Reactions: cat

mknroad

That was the end of our Gujarat trip way back in 2011. Although we continued next day onwards like this
28Dec - Jaipur to Varanasi (stopped overnight in a homestay)
29Dec - Varanasi to Ranchi - stopped for lunch at one of my college friend's house and reached Jamshedpur in the evening, our home town
30Dec - 2Jan - stayed in Jamshedpur
3Jan - started from Jamshedpur around 6 am. Reached Visakhapatnam around 8 pm. Post dinner, decided to continue. By 2-3 am, was feeling sleepy. So, stopped on the side of highway in front of a standing truck and slept for some time. Before sunrise, started again and reached Sree Kalahasti around 10 am. Stopped and freshened up, had breakfast and started again and reached Bangalore home by 3 pm on 4th Jan.

That was end of our long journey covering about 8325/ kilometers.
Had multiple long trips after that but due to my speed of writing, did not try to write again. Will try to keep my journey details posted in future whenever possible. Bye for now.

Reactions: cat