India Book of Records false Certification

Point Zero

Question raised on the functioning of the prestigious organization - India Book of Records.

How can it certify something without any verification of the claims made or even making any research. The organization is using the name of India and people are applauded to be extraordinary by it without being even verified whether the claims made are genuine or false.

What standard is it setting and what remains the value of the certificate issued by such organization like India Book of Records.

To site an example - Below is the certificate issue by India Book of Records and to challenge it is the link of my blog.

I made to Muktinath with my family in my personal Mahindra Bolero on March 2017, a year and 9 months ago the person claims to have visited.

Expedition through the trekking trail - Nepal

I think that the certificate should be null & void.

50454631_2346978258654920_8805451901974872064_n.jpg

Big Daddy

Super User
No a big deal really. You may be new to this. People in India have been buying fake degrees for years. There is a whole business of "Who's Who" in the US that hands out all sorts of certificates and plaques for money. There are research journals that publish anything for page charges.

People have egos and there are companies that pop up that certify things for money. It is all fair under the umbrella of Capitalism. People in these companies are making money and paying taxes. People are happy and the government is happy.

If you are willing to spend money then you can contact the company and get a certificate yourself as long as you are willing to pay.

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer
You are the first from your city on Mahindra Bolero !
Get Certified !
LOL !

I will be doing it on bike
97cc first !
Khagesh ji had already done on his bike last year !
He is first from his area !
LOL !

I also can give you first certificate for many claims you can apply for in different categories !
My fake certificate can be in any name !
LOL !

Forget all this...
Enjoy the trips as explorer !
The Journey never ends !

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Such records are not made based on who was first, rather, who applied for it first.

I am sure, his was not the first car to make it to Muktinath, neither was it the first car carrying a family. However, he was the first one to apply for this record and hence he got it.

If you feel you deserve it, approach the record committee with proof and they might give you the record instead. However, they are unlikely admit to any mistakes or write it as such.

Thread moved to general discussions.

Point Zero

Ha Ha.. any ways .. to me the records are not important at all. I enjoy the trips and I think I will be continuing the same in future.

No a big deal really. You may be new to this. People in India have been buying fake degrees for years. There is a whole business of "Who's Who" in the US that hands out all sorts of certificates and plaques for money. There are research journals that publish anything for page charges.

People have egos and there are companies that pop up that certify things for money. It is all fair under the umbrella of Capitalism. People in these companies are making money and paying taxes. People are happy and the government is happy.

If you are willing to spend money then you can contact the company and get a certificate yourself as long as you are willing to pay.

Point Zero

Call received from IBR. They are saying that they can raise the record to someone who has claimed for it. Also asked me to claim for the record and they will provide the same for me. Not sure how they can raise "FIRST" record to 1st, 2nd, third... n person. I asked them that I am not the first one but it has enough proof that Mr. Sujay Mondal is not first. They took it very badly and said "App jo karna chahata hai koro".. and drop the call.