Indian Army to retire Gypsy after 27 years!

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Re: Announce Anything here

^
Gypsy is like a Mountain-Goat (nimble & light), and the vehicles on which their eyes are set (Safari & Scorpio) are like agile elephants (powerful yet heavy)!

Or is it the lure of using cheaper fuel to save money for the obvious reasons! :grin:

akshay4384

THE LONE RIDER

we saw a hybrid Scorpio being tested out enroute Chumathang in winters for army. Kashish (Mindless wanderer) has pics of the same
You can describe at least:)
Hybrid as in?
Scorpio already has a micro hybrid,which i think is a joke

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose

@Alok Bhai: That would be interesting to post here! Please arrange for sharing with us.

anubhavt

^
Gypsy is like a Mountain-Goat (nimble & light), and the vehicles on which their eyes are set (Safari & Scorpio) are like agile elephants (powerful yet heavy)!

Or is it the lure of using cheaper fuel to save money for the obvious reasons! :grin:
I agree with Sachim, both Scorpio and Safari are double the weight of Gypsy and are completely different category of vehicle. However, I think Maruti went very complacent with Gypsy, there were very few changes or upgrades were (technical or comfort ) done on it.

Also, I’ve read somewhere, Tata has also offered Landover to the Army.

Here is the Milletary version of Safari Storme.

SPOTTED: Military Tata Safari Storme & Under Test Mahindra Scorpio | MotorBash.com

Alpha

Going to Neverland
it was same appearance wise as the micro hybrid version in the market, the same white colour one with patterned stickers. Some local was driving the vehicle. When we stopped due to road clearing works, we got hold of him and asked about this vehicle. He informed us that this particular vehicle is not a civilian Scorpio and was being tested for army. I may have a photograph. I will go check at home and post it.

ank12m

...Or is it the lure of using cheaper fuel to save money for the obvious reasons! :grin:
Now Maruti has even a better reason to launch much awaited diesel Gypsy...to woo back the Army in its fold!
There has been sporadic news in media earlier on probable launch of DDiS Gypsy in 2013. Not sure if this will happen anytime soon...or any update on this front?

Maruti Gypsy Diesel India - Maruti Gypsy Diesel Price | New Maruti Gypsy 2013 Reviews

Maruti Suzuki To Re-Launch Gypsy In 2013 | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews