Indore Agra Road Status

Hemesh

Planning to go from Indore to Agra via NH 52 and NH 46 (Indore-Dewas-Guna-Gwalior-Agra). Google map is showing road closed near Shajapur and Udankhedi. How bad is it?

jay1973pune

Traveller .. not only tourist.
Planning to go from Indore to Agra via NH 52 and NH 46 (Indore-Dewas-Guna-Gwalior-Agra). Google map is showing road closed near Shajapur and Udankhedi. How bad is it?
I travelled on this Road Sept 2014 from Agra to Pune via Gwalior, shiv puri, Guna Dewas, indore part of NH3.. worst road I have travelled, But don't know the current status, but I doubt.. better to avoid it.

Sent from my Redmi Y2 using Tapatalk

Justtraveller

Hi
Can anybody please update the current status of Indore-Agra stretch. Should I take Gwalior bypass or go through the city?

Is there any road blocks due to ongoing farmer protests?

Please update the status as I am travelling on this route during last week of this month, it would be really helpful.

Thanking You

suyash_tripathi

Hi
Can anybody please update the current status of Indore-Agra stretch. Should I take Gwalior bypass or go through the city?

Is there any road blocks due to ongoing farmer protests?

Please update the status as I am travelling on this route during last week of this month, it would be really helpful.

Thanking You
Indore-Gwalior route is good now. Approx 500 kms, can be done in around 7 hours. Gwalior-Dholpur-Agra is excellent as before but with traffic. Do not take the Gwalior bypass, go through the City. No road blocks till today on this route.

Justtraveller

Hi
Travelled yesterday from Indore to Agra. The road is excellent and well maintained. Mainly truck traffic till Gwalior. Indore to Gwalior is breeze and as @suyash_tripathi sir mentioned it can be easily covered in 7 hours. From Gwalior to Agra, traffic is heavy but barring few patches it is easy to drive. All the town's enroute are having byapss in good condition. I went through Gwalior city as bypass is not in a good condition. Two things need to keep in mind on this route
1. You will find lot of cows on the road,so be extra careful.
2. Eating options are very limited so it is better to carry some backup snacks.

Regards.

Picky

Thanks for the update.
In Gwalior, I had read news reports that there is a western bypass being made by SADA from Rairu to Barai. Did it ever get started?
If yes, is that the one you are saying, in bad condition or the bypass that goes to Jhansi..??

Justtraveller

Hi
Agra-Jhansi via Gwalior bypass is in excellent condition. No issues about that. I mentioned that I was travelling from Indore to Agra,bypass from Rairu to Barai may not be complete.I travelled till Shivpuri link road and then entered city. Even if the bypass you mentioned is complete it adds considerable long kms hence it is best avoided.

Regards

Picky

The news reports that I read, mentioned the western Gwalior bypass route as in the map below. If completed, it would be really a boon for AB road travelers as they won't have to enter Gwalior or go around tens of kms using the Jhansi bypass. I tried to look for more information about it but the only news bytes I found were of the bypass announcement in 2015. No other news of current status or estimated date of completion. Though a google search returned tons of listings of plots/property along the bypass.:-D

Gwalior Bypass.jpg

Justtraveller

Hi
This route marked by you is not there. Don't know about the status etc. There was no visible signs of any such route or work in progress.
Regards