Interior Chhattisgarh/ Sourthern Orissa- Tribes, Falls & Forests

adc

ADC, great travelogue. very quality pictures.

The last picture is of what animal?

Thanks dwaraka, and that would be a wild boar soaked in brine and roasted. You should have seen the other side - amazingly grotesque. A perfect cross-section - one lung, half of the skull and stomach, and pretty much everything in half!:grin:

cat

Senior Billi
:shock: Extraordinary, very different travel log!

The countryside there looks exactly the same as some parts of South Africa!

When they say Austro, I suppose that's based on genetic studies. I wonder how they come to be there, and why only about 5,000 people.

adc

Bonda Tribes - one of the most primitive tribes of India

This market happens only on Thursdays and believe it or not all rooms of Hotel Hello Jeypore is booked, not by Indians but by foreigners. Not a single tourist from our land. Of course, with the knowledge that I gathered from reading and all, we are not going to go there on our own. We gathered at the hotel premises and followed the foreigners [mostly from Switzerland] along with their guide. A big thank you to our guide for allowing us to tag along.

Early morning at 630 am we start again for Machkund and Ankadelli, following the Innovas with the guests from Switzerland
IMG_4314.JPG

And pass the blasted police station again, by now it is like normal scenario like

IMG_0713.jpg

As we reached some 1.5 hrs later, the market was just about starting, the local tribals were there but the Bondas havent arrived yet from their remote hills

IMG_4362.jpg

We just followed the guide taking the foreigners around, where they stood we stood and soon enough we stopped a vantage point - a path from where the tribals pass for the market - and slowly they came

IMG_4343.jpg

And my son, who was so excited, goes a few steps back!
IMG_4331.jpg

Never photograph the Bonda men, apart from being very aggressive they consider it a bad omen to be photographed - this is only long distance shot that i have of them - that too from the hip level

IMG_4344.jpg

And now more Bonda people were coming through to the market. Notice how the tribal girl is watching whether I am photographing or note. Will elaborate on the next post about photographing Bondas.

IMG_4332.JPG

But soon I find out the most beautiful of them all - truly speaking I was captivated by beauty and I go on clicking her!! isnt she beautiful - absolutely!

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4330.JPG

IMG_4325.JPG

IMG_4327.jpg

One elderly foreign couple gave the soft toy as present, on hindsight we regret not having bought a toy from our house for the child.

IMG_0637.jpg

As I am still engrossed and captivated by her and as wife captivated by her beads and jewelry, other Bondas pass through --- the market is now truly in full form and bustle...

contd..

rahulsingh

Hey,
ADC nice clicks,
Bastar region is Chhattisgarh's most Naxal affected area. Have u had any problem during journey?