Interior Chhattisgarh/ Sourthern Orissa- Tribes, Falls & Forests

popsha

Incredible Bulk
This is truly a unique log.... first time I have seen so many pics of Bondas on the net.

Now waiting for the Chhateesgarh part

gsarkhel

Awesome dude... really awesome :D

Just a quick question, where one can find a guide for the visit to Bonda tribe.

adc

Unbelievable log this is. I read about the Bondas but we have a first travel account of them right here on BCMT. Kudos to you for bringing them here to us in this delightful way. :)
This is truly a unique log.... first time I have seen so many pics of Bondas on the net.

A Discovering Ride! Wonderful account and pics!
lovely pics! awesome coverage
have this region in my future plans

Glad we made this trip and I travel again through this log while sharing with all on this great travel forum. Diversity of India is truly amazing!

Just a quick question, where one can find a guide for the visit to Bonda tribe.
The best hotel is Hotel Hello Jeypore in Jeypore, Koraput district. Every Thursday a guide takes the foreigners along from that hotel. We just tagged along with them. But going with a guide is definitely a must, they know how to interact the right way with the Bonda people. I had the website of the guide but it is not working, you can call up the hotel for the particulars. Hello Jeypore

Would like to acknowledge the valuable inputs and support I got:

As I started to make out arough plan for the tour, to Jeypore/Koraput and Chitrakote/Jagdalpur, I came across a ID on the team bhp forum, sam_boy, which showed location as "Koraput".

Immediately getting my PM regarding my queries regarding that place, and soon I find out that sam_boy [Samarpan Das] is from Jeypore itself and his parents and his residence is out there. Phone calls and mails followed and we cannot stress and thank enough the support that we have got from Samarpan and his parents. The hospitality and the warmth that we got at his residence at Jeypore [remember sam_boy is still at Bangalore] was absolutely overwhelming.

Also over there on searching about any news of any trouble through my airtel internet connection, came across a journalist's website who was based in Koraput and runs also a website regarding the happening of his district [koraputonline.com] . Mailed him on the hunch if he may get this mail might reply of any trouble on the return journey Chitrakote to Rayagada route as there was some big trouble - naxal backed tribals against non-tribals kind of thing and the road was blocked and was unsafe.

Mr Santakar [journalist] immediately replied back to me and said that the route is okay now and safe and buses are plying and would get back to me on phone if he comes to know of any untoward last minute trouble. Many a thanks to this gentleman for the promptness and all support.

And glad we took this route, amazing drive through totally empty roads!

In front of Samarpan's house, Jeypore

IMG_0273.jpg

Kolab Dam surroundings with just the fully empty IB bungalow around, Koraput

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

Starting on the Chhattisgarh part of the journey promptly now.

Last edited:

sidbanerjee

Anirbanda, ashadharon..... always liked the in and around of koraput courtsey numerous visits when I was handling domestic sales.... never ever the beauty of this place has been depicted so well..... KUDOS!

Somnath Nag

Anirbanda atibo sundar chabi.450D?Grate composition and colour balance.Now u r a complete travel photographer.waiting for more.

adc

Anirbanda, ashadharon..... always liked the in and around of koraput courtsey numerous visits when I was handling domestic sales.... never ever the beauty of this place has been depicted so well..... KUDOS!
Jeypore area looks very nice. :)

superb pics and great info ADC :)

Koraput and Jeypore looks great during the light monsoon time with mist all around - it was just like a hill station!

Anirbanda atibo sundar chabi.450D?Grate composition and colour balance.Now u r a complete travel photographer.waiting for more.
Are somnath je, good to see you here!! Will call you up soon, long time no talk!

Finishing up the Chhattisgarh part by tmmrw surely.