Interior Chhattisgarh/ Sourthern Orissa- Tribes, Falls & Forests

panu

:) My uncle has gone there - KAJAKHISTAN. India govt is doing many projects there. China has been very easy nowadays.

Also you know the documentary by Gautam ghosh called silk root.

Bhaski9836

:) My uncle has gone there - KAJAKHISTAN. India govt is doing many projects there. China has been very easy nowadays.

Also you know the documentary by Gautam ghosh called silk root.
Thanx boss!!!!

par pahele to Ladakh dekhke ane do yaar.uske baad Silk rout sochenge.

Wow! Another gem of a log adc. Wonderful pictures.
Btw you are still to come up with the log on Ladakh right? When is that due? Really looking forward to more from your side. :)

adc

Wow! Another gem of a log adc. Wonderful pictures.
Btw you are still to come up with the log on Ladakh right? When is that due? Really looking forward to more from your side. :)

Vardan totally missed your post, sorry for the delay. Yes Ladakh and some few are due but absolutely given myself a deadline [!] of finishing everything by mid March!!

Of course, your Ladakh-changthang tour was our inspiration for travel in October and again yours and tsk's journey to Rann is next in line!

Bonda Tribes - one of the most primitive tribes of India

Early morning at 630 am we start again for Machkund and Ankadelli, following the Innovas with the guests from Switzerland

View attachment 56851

And pass the blasted police station again, by now it is like normal scenario like
View attachment 56852

As we reached some 1.5 hrs later, the market was just about starting, the local tribals were there but the Bondas havent arrived yet from their remote hills
View attachment 56853

We just followed the guide taking the foreigners around, where they stood we stood and soon enough we stopped a vantage point - a path from where the tribals pass for the market - and slowly they came
View attachment 56854

And my son, who was so excited, goes a few steps back!
View attachment 56855

Never photograph the Bonda men, apart from being very aggressive they consider it a bad omen to be photographed - this is only long distance shot that i have of them - that too from the hip level
View attachment 56856

And now more Bonda people were coming through to the market. Notice how the tribal girl is watching whether I am photographing or note. Will elaborate on the next post about photographing Bondas.

View attachment 56857

But soon I find out the most beautiful of them all - truly speaking I was captivated by beauty and I go on clicking her!! isnt she beautiful - absolutely!
View attachment 56858
View attachment 56859
View attachment 56860
View attachment 56861

One elderly foreign couple gave the soft toy as present, on hindsight we regret not having bought a toy from our house for the child.
View attachment 56862

As I am still engrossed and captivated by her and as wife captivated by her beads and jewelry, other Bondas pass through --- the market is now truly in full form and bustle...

contd..
I visited Ashakiran hospital, Lamtaput, Odisha in 1998. I stayed among the Bondo tribe for 5 long days. Thanks to our friend Dr Alex and his wife who were serving the community. i also stayed with my cousin Herold who was serving the Gadaba tribe. Thank you, ADC, for bringing back my memories