Inverter A.C., windows or split.

citymonk

Super User
I am planning to buy a 1.5 ton A.C.
I would preferring a Windows A.C.

OA General has Inverter models but all available one are split ones. Their brochure mentions inverter technology but all visited Shops refuse availability of such A.C.s in any brand.

Are Inverter A.C. worth the price they demand.

I was impressed by their abilities to adjust speed of compression and hence wattage. If Inverter compressors so intelligently I am ready to pay price they are demanding. Plus they claim they work at 53 degrees Celsius.

Any body using or having inputs on Inverter technology and per chance if Windows version is available.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
@DKay is using an inverter AC and monitoring its cost/benefit.
Inverter ACs are made only as split ACs.

Edit:
My personal opinion is to not go for inverter ACs. More often than not they end up costing more to run than non-inverter models. Some part or the other will come due for replacement and negate the benefit that might have accrued due to lower energy consumption.

Last edited:

uturn

Super User
If your usage for ac is more then go for inverter as in all commercial premises its cost saving but for residential generally we recommend 3star acs as usage is less.

I have installed one inverter ac of Panasonic which is giving good results (for residential ).

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

citymonk

Super User
What I find with my old Voltas window A.c. that when in June night temperature is around 38 degrees its compressor trips frequently till early morning hours. Once tempratures fall below 34 degrees it starts working very well and in humid monsoon months there is no problem.

I think Inverter will save me of such underperforming compressor for those very hot nights of June.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Inverter will save me of such underperforming compressor for those very hot nights of June.
Even an LG non-inverter will be able to manage the same!
Have you got the condenser externally water washed well on this underperforming AC?

citymonk

Super User
Even an LG non-inverter will be able to manage the same!
Have you got the condenser externally water washed well on this underperforming AC?
Yes washing helped but it is 12 year old now, though working and needs a blower ro be replaced. I am planing it to be replaced with same or similar model of Voltas.

But for bigger room and Sun on roof, I require a New A.C.

In non Inverter A.cs lot of choice is avilable but Inverters are costly and have limted offering.

Btw is Pankaj Electronics still there in Yusuf Sarai market.

citymonk

Super User
I am off to Pankaj then as old Voltas came from them.

Now after your post and of Uturn, I am in double mind now. Do you think I can skip Inverter one and have peaceful nights.

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Get O-General 1.5 ton window AC !
It is the best one !
Sargam Electronics in Tilak Nagar.
Ask for O-General AC Window AC - 1.5 ton minimum