Is AC Ducting successful in Delhi?

Banveet

I stay in Delhi and i have 2 bhk flat. I am planning to install Split Air Condition of 1.5 Ton but my budget is not allowing me to buy two AC so one of my friend suggest to go for AC ducting. Is AC ducting actually worth it ? I will going to join two room with one AC and also what will be the charge?

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Size of Room in Sq Ft ?
Which Floor ?
Means gets direct sun at roof or not ?

What will be the size of 2 rooms ?

Use cooler at times if in hot dry summer days.
After moist arrives in summer then better switch to AC.

AC Duct costs 1 time but it all depends on AC & its capacity.
(may be more than AC itself.)
If it is O General then it is good even for 2 rooms but you have to switch it on for more time than normal operation for a room.
You can judge this by speed of flow of cool air in front of AC like a cooler does.

Last edited:

jammbuster

A Rebel, in pursuit of a memorable life ...
I stay in Delhi and i have 2 bhk flat. I am planning to install Split Air Condition of 1.5 Ton but my budget is not allowing me to buy two AC so one of my friend suggest to go for AC ducting. Is AC ducting actually worth it ? I will going to join two room with one AC and also what will be the charge?
Is it top floor than forget it.... We are the suffer from last 10 years... Its better to install 2 ton ac and the put exhaust fan if the wall jointly shared...

Ducting is just wastage...

If possible share pictures of the room..

Also if its a top floor try to avoid ceiling fan as they throw warm air ...

happy summer

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a46 using Tapatalk

jammbuster

My whole house in of 45o Square Feet..I don't have a big house. I don't know the exact measure of room tho. I stay on second Floor. Here is the rough idea of my House https://scontent.fdel1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17021594_1260274477374952_2988495647739552148_n.jpg?oh=43ece40dab6fdbc6240d18e246734ee4&oe=5940AE7A
Perfect... Do one thing place good strong exhaust fan over door of bedroom 1( where ac installed)...

Wase bhi ..i dont think second floor tends to get too hot like third floor of mine......

Infact u can place one exhaust fan towards kitchen too ...

U will love the stepup and enjoy coolness on three room at the cost of one ac, but put 2 ton ac.... There is hardly any difference on electric consumption...

There are sound less exhaust fan available in the market... Just see exhaust fan blades are not below than 10" (u can compare the size of blades with wall fan too) ....

If u are staying near West Delhi let me know. I can advise for some shops.

omega

Exhaust fan is much better option compared to ducting provided you can make that big a whole in the wall. Otherwise put AC in one room and cooler in another. June to October cooler will be useless though.

jammbuster

Exhaust fan is much better option compared to ducting provided you can make that big a whole in the wall. Otherwise put AC in one room and cooler in another. June to October cooler will be useless though.
Yes well said.... High humidity seasons

jammbuster

One more thing if budget is main issue.. stay away from split ac at any cost..

Desert Hunter

Super User
On a Lighter side

No more fights with siblings over cooler!.jpg

Please note that if you are thinking of putting a Single A/C Unit serving Two rooms,

Make sure that there is enough passage of Air at Lower level ( You can have a Non-Vision Grill installed on the door)

and

An Exhaust Fan at High Level pushing Air from the Second Room to the Room with A/C

Theory : Colder Air being Heavy, tends to settle downward, while the Hotter Air rises above.
The Exhaust Fan at High Level will push the Hot Air from Second Room to the First Room (with A/C) which will cause suction of Cold Air from First Room to the Second Room through opening at Low Level

omega

One more thing if budget is main issue.. stay away from split ac at any cost..

Any reason for this? We have both spilt and windows and havent had any problems with either. Installation of window ac may not be possible in many cases.