Is AC Ducting successful in Delhi?

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Best available ready-made solution is a Multi-Split Airconditioner, like this from LG, or this from Hitachi.
Though it's pretty expensive with renowned brands, you may search the cheaper alternatives.

omega

Make sure that there is enough passage of Air at Lower level ( You can have a Non-Vision Grill installed on the door)

and

An Exhaust Fan at High Level pushing Air from the Second Room to the Room with A/C

Theory : Colder Air being Heavy, tends to settle downward, while the Hotter Air rises above.
The Exhaust Fan at High Level will push the Hot Air from Second Room to the First Room (with A/C) which will cause suction of Cold Air from First Room to the Second Room through opening at Low Level
I dont think such a complex arrangement of making two holes is necessary. Exhaust which pushes cold air to non ac room should be sufficient.

On a lighter note, its bedrooms; dont think having holes all over walls would be a good idea :p

Desert Hunter

Super User
I dont think such a complex arrangement of making two holes is necessary. Exhaust which pushes cold air to non ac room should be sufficient.

On a lighter note, its bedrooms; dont think having holes all over walls would be a good idea :p
No. It would not work.
Please do not argue on this.
This is my speciality field.

jammbuster

A Rebel, in pursuit of a memorable life ...
Any reason for this? We have both spilt and windows and havent had any problems with either. Installation of window ac may not be possible in many cases.
snReaso...

1. they are expensive than window ac
2. their maintaince cost is expensive too
3. their servicing cost is also expensive.

yes, if you dont have provision for window then split other wise no to split ac

On a Lighter side

Please note that if you are thinking of putting a Single A/C Unit serving Two rooms,

Make sure that there is enough passage of Air at Lower level ( You can have a Non-Vision Grill installed on the door)

and

An Exhaust Fan at High Level pushing Air from the Second Room to the Room with A/C

Theory : Colder Air being Heavy, tends to settle downward, while the Hotter Air rises above.
The Exhaust Fan at High Level will push the Hot Air from Second Room to the First Room (with A/C) which will cause suction of Cold Air from First Room to the Second Room through opening at Low Level
as expected from you amrik paaji.... great piece of knowledge...

No. It would not work.
:supz::supz::supz::supz::supz::supz::supz:

Best available ready-made solution is a Multi-Split Airconditioner, like this from LG, or this from Hitachi.
Though it's pretty expensive with renowned brands, you may search the cheaper alternatives.
Sir nice idea.. but Thread starter need something in budget....

this kind of system installed in my office.. but always have problem automatically gets shut down due to xyz reasons.... that one is from hitachi brand

No. It would not work.
baut ac ac hu gaya... microwave ka kya kiya yeh baato phele

hehehehe

Last edited by a moderator: