Is it a good Idea to buy an used automatic SUV or sedan?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
If you are planning to travel a lot in hills, then an SUV or even a hatchback would be a better bet than sedan. Apart from that, usually sedans provide much better bang for buck.

If it is off-road or mud/trail that you are interested in, then make sure the SUV you are buying has 4x4.

Parveen_Choudhary

If target is to move to distant and lonely places with snow / sand / mud etc then, NO.

For daily routine use, it is good as an Automatic car with high seat position.
Thanks adsatinder
At 48 I am not suppose to be much adventurous My son is in trail now.Actually my driver whom I am paying around 20 K has start showing tantrums.So I am thinking utilising 20k per month towards EMI.Suggest some good options.My drive is 40 KM daily in Delhi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adsatinder

explorer
For 3-4 years, Ecosport is good.

For longer term, you can go for Creta.
Compare the price / test drive with Honda Civic Automatic too.

deepam

Super User
If it is for daily commute in Delhi stick to Sedan.
Or else go for Tata Nexon Diesel; even manual is pretty comfortable to drive. My colleague wanted to go for AMT and I suggested he stick to MT and he is really enjoying it and his commute is in Bumper-Bumper traffic.

Sushil Rajbhoj

I am thinking of buying an SUV, Bit confused to go for MT or AT. driving MT for the last 15 years/40km daily in Pune. narrowed on Creta, Breeza, echo sport or even venue. Please suggest with pro and cons. Love traveling in the mountains

adsatinder

explorer
I am thinking of buying an SUV, Bit confused to go for MT or AT. driving MT for the last 15 years/40km daily in Pune. narrowed on Creta, Breeza, echo sport or even venue. Please suggest with pro and cons. Love traveling in the mountains
If you are young and will be young till next 10 -15 years,
better buy MT Creta.
It can be handy specially in rainy season with slush etc.
Automatic will need much careful observation and calculated risk assessment anywhere in any off road condition,
Landslide areas etc.