Is it advisable to take U turn on such dangerous Mountain strech.

citymonk

Super User
He is following the strategy of Konkhani Ranmaus: Konkani Ranmanus

I always wondered who is this guide/guy/expert who accompanies this visa2explore guy. I realized that this guide initially ran a YouTube channel to establish himself as an expert and then created his guide business where he helps distant travelers travel in Konkan. He charges them :r: 5,000 per day plus mileage on travel.

I believe that is what this Himbus guy is trying to do. He is trying to establish himself as an expert in Himachal Pradesh and then he will open a travel assistance company where he will charge travellers a daily fee to help them travel. Such assistance is useful for people because these guys can easily arrange accomodations even in full seasons due to their contacts and help people find local restaurants and shops. Having such people around allows a travelers to quickly cover different towns and hit main attraction spots. For Youtubers, you also get to provide useful historical information plus you get access to otherwise restricted places where people may not trust tourists easily (like historical palaces and similar places).

My kind of place for relaxing. Water falls and lake is good as is local food. Notice the beauty of Raja's palace architecture and how modren day Raja Rani look like.
Looks of westren ghat hills are as good as those of himalayan forests but weather can be bit warm or humid then our himalayan hill stations.
If that Guide to this youtuber is charging 5000 rupees then it is worth it as rates being charged by locals for food and accomodation are reasonable.

Raja Rani are into running that Vintage Palace Hotel now.

Big Daddy

Super User
Their coronation time indicates that most of these princely states did not care about reunion with India until they were forced to unite. These guys are making good tourism money from their jagirs. In many ways, Himachal and Konkan economies depend on tourisms. Both places were somewhat remote until Konkan railways provided access to the region.

citymonk

Super User
Both places were somewhat remote until Konkan railways provided access to the region.
I am still wondering how to reach this City , Ghats and Palace Lake.
Vlogger fails to give information about nearest rail head, highway or airport.
I think now he is more into promoting Home stays, restaurants and resorts.
King or Raja Sahab who was not ready to give him time must have given him some money to showcase his palace and hand paintings being done there.
One of my friend stumbled upon him in Goa and was told he spends 15 thousand daily while making a video trip, like giving 5000 to driver, 5000 to drone man and camera person e.t.c.

Big Daddy

Super User
I was doing research on that as well. While I do not have concrete information, a lot of foreigners are visiting this place and what I gather is that they rent a taxi with driver from Mumbai from a company such as: https://www.savaari.com/mumbai/car-rental. After that you just travel. For a 15 day vacation, I think is can be managed. Just fly into Mumbai rent a car and pretty much do what you want to do. I think camera person is probably his wife. I would say his cost is more like :r:10,000 per day and that is subsidized over time by the revenues he generates from his Youtube channel and merchandise he is trying to sell (t-shirts). He likely does his video editing and drone flying himself (he publishes one video per week on Sunday, I think). If you put yourself in your videos then video editing is not a big deal. It is only if you choose to keep yourself out, like the Himbus guy, you have to find interesting things to show.

Most of the times, this guy is eating on videos.

Last edited:

citymonk

Super User
I was doing research on that as well. While I do not have concrete information, a lot of foreigners are visiting this place and what I gather is that they rent a taxi with driver from Mumbai from a company such as: https://www.savaari.com/mumbai/car-rental. After that you just travel. For a 15 day vacation, I think is can be managed. Just fly into Mumbai rent a car and pretty much do what you want to do. I think camera person is probably his wife. I would say his cost is more like :r:10,000 per day and that is subsidized over time by the revenues he generates from his Youtube channel and merchandise he is trying to sell (t-shirts). He likely does his video editing and drone flying. If you put yourself in your videos then video editing is not a big deal. If is only if you choose to keep yourself out, like the Himbus guy, you have to find interesting things to show.

Most of the times, this guy is eating on videos.
He told that he works in Airtel and hires professionals to mange things like car, drones and camera. Normally family does not accompany him in such Vlog trips. Anyway he is doing good work as he covers good details of local culture and food.
Maybe he is a old BCMT member too as he lives in West Delhi like YS.

Big Daddy

Super User
He told that he works in Airtel and hires professionals to mange things like car, drones and camera. Normally family does not accompany him in such Vlog trips. Anyway he is doing good work as he covers good details of local culture and food.
Maybe he is a old BCMT member too as he lives in West Delhi like YS.
The last thing he needs is competition so he is going to embellish his costs. When I look at the equipment that he uses, I already have all this equipment or you can buy it for about $500. And why would you need professionals? You take one hour of video and make 10 minutes of rendering. Anything that is worth not showing gets cut out in editing.

YS may be exploring this area and he would have succeeded because he was known name and could have immediately gathered followers on his channel. In a way, he was an expert in Leh, but he ended up providing free advice. Recently, people tried to create some commercial opportunities on this board using initiatives such as group tours.

BTW, that queen was cute. For some reason, I liked her personality.

Last edited:

citymonk

Super User
The princess remained chup-chap. The queen was very chatty.
What could have been urgent work in that small town for he took excuse from him and did not accompanied them in palace tour. It is clear he was not going to attend Darbar as Darbar hall was empty as was Singhaasan.

Big Daddy

Super User
What could have been urgent work in that small town for he took excuse from him and did not accompanied them in palace tour. It is clear he was not going to attend Darbar as Darbar hall was empty as was Singhaasan.
He must have another queen somewhere and was happy to see tourists keep the first queen busy.