Itinerary suggestion/recommendations for Thane to Dwarka Trip

Hi All,
I am new for this forum, planning for a trip to Dwarka with my family(total 6 +2 kids, 1 year/3 year old), I will be travelling by new Eartiga CNG during this period 7-12-2015 to 15-12-2015 (around 5-6 days trip).

I am totally unaware of that route and the places also, so please suggest/recommend me Itinerary for the above route, that will be very helpful and which places are good to visit and hotels, where to take halts etc.
How are the roads in this route? And will there be CNG available in this route? This dec season is good to visit Dwarka, Somnath?
Also tell me more about Sasan Gir.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks Prasham,
I did not know of the route which you suggested. However I would like to go from Ahmedabad route where I am expecting to see some good tourist attractions. Suggest me itinerary in this route, attractions, halts etc.
One of my friend suggested me to go to Dwarka first (of course with some halts) and on return journey can cover Somnath also, please guide me on the same.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
In 5-6 days I doubt if you can really cover anything other than Somnath & Dwarka as they will take up 4-5 days at the least.

Add a day in Sasan Gir and you have your standard itinerary.

Day 1 - Thane - Ahmedabad
Day 2 - Ahmedabad - Dwarka
Day 3 - Dwarka - Somnath - Sasan
Day 4 - Sasan
Day 5 - Sasan - Ahmedabad
Day 6 - Ahmedabad - Thane

In 5-6 days I doubt if you can really cover anything other than Somnath & Dwarka as they will take up 4-5 days at the least.

Add a day in Sasan Gir and you have your standard itinerary.

Day 1 - Thane - Ahmedabad
Day 2 - Ahmedabad - Dwarka
Day 3 - Dwarka - Somnath - Sasan
Day 4 - Sasan
Day 5 - Sasan - Ahmedabad
Day 6 - Ahmedabad - Thane
Thanks again Prasham,
So on a second thought.. I was thinking that I will go somnath -Dwarka via the route which you suggested and ona return journey will come via Ahmedabad route and there I will try to cover as many places as I can.
Will above plan work?

It will work but only thing is that you'll have to push till Rajkot.
Pushing till Rajkot in a single day.. doesn't look possible and also advisable.. I guess.
Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing such a amazing log Sachin.. However, I have not read yet.. but looks like it will surely help me to finalise the route.
I heard that, we need to take prior permission to visit/safari both National Parks? and the roads of the route which you mentioned are good?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sachin Jatkar

For Gir, you can do the booking online prior to visit. For Marine national park you get the permission on the spot but you need to go during low tide. Its all given in detail in the log. The roads are good in Gujarat as prasham has mentioned with hardly any bad patches.

All the best for your trip!!!

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Pushing till Rajkot in a single day.. doesn't look possible and also advisable.. I guess.
Thanks again.
Yup. So unless you are okay with spending night at some highway hotel/motel, I suggest you use the Ahmedabad route and spend nights there.