It's here finally, Dominar 400 and Ownership Report

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Congrats dear.
How is the gear shift in my bike first gear is clunky and shifts with a small thud. And i have seen this in other bikes aswell.

zma0101

soni varghese
Congrats dear.
How is the gear shift in my bike first gear is clunky and shifts with a small thud. And i have seen this in other bikes aswell.
yes this thud noise is there .. and the smoothness isn't consistant .. something either i need to get adjusted or need to select a different method of shifting.. Slipper clutch works very well for up shift... but during down shift doesnt work that well

Following is an update and what i like and dislike about Dominar.. I will like to mention no bike is perfect .. there could be some issues as n when we ride it daily...buut the service network is good. But most importantly we need to be resposible enough to ride the machine( be it any new bike). The run-in period is crucial.

Service ineterval.. is 500-750 kms.. at around 450kms the maintenance indicator will blink.. Second service @4500-5000 KMS. Will soon send in a detailed service report .. I have completed 540 kms approx.. and 1st service was done today . .
Service Cost 1234/-

Replaced:-
1.5ltr engine oil
oil filter

Please do spare half a day for the service. It's a long process to replace the engine oil. .

IMG_7154.JPG

IMG_7159.JPG

Oil strainer is installed right at the belly and that needs to be cleaned too before the oil replacement and to get to the oil stainer is a process to watch. Will upload a video very soon.
IMG_7160.JPG

Last edited:

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
@zma0101 thanks for sharing brother. My service is still far only done 140kms busy with many things and my riding is also very low.
One thing i noticed is shifts are good when we do it at higher rpms say above 4k around 4.5k to 5 k rpm. 1st and 2nd has thud.
1234 nice number and not very high for service cost for such capacity bike.
Bike is real fun to ride.

zma0101

soni varghese
@zma0101 thanks for sharing brother. My service is still far only done 140kms busy with many things and my riding is also very low.
One thing i noticed is shifts are good when we do it at higher rpms say above 4k around 4.5k to 5 k rpm. 1st and 2nd has thud.
1234 nice number and not very high for service cost for such capacity bike.
Bike is real fun to ride.
yes I wanted to mention the smoothness in higher RPM.. but the catch is .. according to Manual and this is mind blowing ..and super work and detailing

Recommender speed for shift down

From 6th - 5th --- 68 km/hr
5th-4th -- 62 kms/hr
4th-3rd -- 46kms/hr
3rd-2nd -- 38kms/hr
2nd - 1st - 27kms/hr

Now if you reverse the process.. that makes it a shuft up process.. Now I know i reach the top gear when I reach 65 range .. tom I will try to be around this mentioned range and lets see.

Anyway there is a ownersmeet meet very soon. Will share some of my view points.

Overall It's a deadly bike yaar. Prefect for long rides and carry enough punch for highway. Looking forward for a long ride. Hopefully this month itself.